Wives’ Conference

Wives Conference prose poem

Oh, my husband, he is too soft, giving everything,
I ask, but not trusting me, keeping all savings, himself,
And asks, “what is money for, am giving all that you need”;
That’s not right, am wounded and so, don’t like him.

My husband, not like yours, he trusts me so much
And give all his earnings, but no savings, so honest,
And used to say, ‘live honestly, kids should not suffer;
Why this much honesty, not practical, I don’t like him.

My husband, earned a lot, bungalows, farm-houses
And a very good savings, much money we have;
But see, no time to spend with us, or for an outing
Working, working, that’s not right, I don’t love him.

My husband? he loves me and gives me everything
Obeying whatever I say, keeping beside me always;
And needs me more time in bed, that is not right,
What others would feel? I hate one, always at home.

My husband, he loves me and my kids, but see,
Too much caring, we feel no freedom to move
And can’t go as we think, that I don’t like, we should be
On our own, I can’t love him, as no watch-dog, I need.

O God! I don’t know, how you created my husband
Such a miser, ‘money, money ’, no other thinking;
Spends only for the oat-meal and baby-food and he
Saves to have a big bungalow, who needs it, I don’t.

See all what we state is right, am thinking, how can I
Get a nice husband, a living toy, dancing on our tunes,
Just playing the notes, we need, and talk so soft, a melody,
A permanent loving tone, vibrating within, as a lover

Oh my God, am not experimenting again, jumped a lot
From one to other in my dreams, directly to my life,
So strange, frustration deepened, and at last, this donkey,
Keeping silent smile, whatever we ask, I am fed up of him.

Now he declares; am shocked listening to him, why he smiles;
“No time for quarreling”, he smiled, “searching a better one;
Hopes and dreams, I follow; you are nice, in my bed room
But not in my heart-room, am waiting for another damsel.”

He said it, but none others, busy with their own net-work,
To log on with other sites and other server, find no time,
To check ourselves, the outgoing and incoming messages,
We transact in our bed room, borrowing the heart of others.”

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography) CP Rajasekharan, the well-known writer and broadcaster was born and brought up in an Indian village, North Parur of Ernakulam district in Kerala state. Started preprimary education from own mother and joined in local LP School for primary education; finished upper primary and higher secondary Lessons from Govt. High School & SNV Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Associated with the ‘Sarvodaya Movement’ (Peace and welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace foundation, and worked with its social welfare activities in the village and became the chairman of its children’s wing, at the age of 13. Participation in the literary and social activities, apart from studies aided him to prove himself as a best student, an all-rounder in the campus and elected as the school leader, while studying in 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Later, became elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman continuously in the yearly college union election; and successfully completed graduation & post-graduation in Sanskrit language & literature with prizes and honours from Govt. Sanskrit College and University College of Trivandrum. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups. Stories, plays and poems have been published in school, college magazines and local publications, during student life itself. Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program presenter to the post of the Director of Radio & TV; and served in media for 35 years covering various states of India.That was an opportunity to win national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Stage, Radio & TV programs. The Radio profession was an indirect force to write and do productions with innovative ideas capturing the listeners’ appreciation. The first full-fledged, play, ‘HOMAM’, (The Oblation) was broadcast in 1976, that received high appreciation from radio listeners all over the state and successfully continued the broadcast and publication of poems, lyrics, stories musical features, documentaries and plays that became a part of the job since 1976. The first book, ‘Moonnu Vayasanmaar’ (Three Old Men) written as a Radio Drama, on old-age agony, in 1982 and published later as a stage play in 1986, enabled to receive the ‘Literary Academy Prize’, the prominent award of Sahithya Academy of the State. Then blessed with the receipt of other awards and reputation that includes the ‘Award of the State Academy of Music and Theater’, ‘National Awards of All India Radio’, (for several programs and productions many times), best ‘Public Service Broadcaster Award’ of India and the ‘Television Award’ of the State. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the meantime, by own effort and received an additional degree in Education from Calicut University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling from Kerala University that enabled to start the Radio & TV counseling programs. Received training in Radio Drama production & direction from Germany, TV direction and production from the National Film Institute, Pune of India and obtained the Media Management Training from, staff training institute, Bhubaneswar, India. Presently conducting counseling programs, on education, career and family problems as a full time charity service and taking demonstration lectures, on personality development and peaceful living, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations all over the state, to uplift the poor youngsters, with motivation therapy and psychotherapy. Destitute, isolated boys and girls, disturbed in life, were rescued and taken to own home for a short stay with own family and children and train them with needful educational and career guidance to lead the helpless youth, into a peaceful and successful life. Written more than 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities and published nearly 40 books and 3000 articles, on various topics, reacting to social problems, happening in the world, with own comments and opinion, to stop anarchy brutality and corruption in the state. Retired from National TV and Radio of India as its Director, and started working as the Student coordinator and Media Manager of Indira Gandhi National Open University, receiving the invitation of Indira Gandhi National Open University. Later received invitation, as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, Suprabhatham; and worked with them for one year in Calicut. Awarded with the Tagore National fellowship of the Ministry of Culture, India; and did research on the Performing arts of India, to be published by the Sangeet Natak Academy, the National academy of Music, Dance & Theater. Presently working as the Editorial Consultant for the books & journals in the publications division of the ministry of information & broadcasting of India. Also associating with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University of Kerala, as the External Examiner, member of the board of studies, Expert committee-member, visiting professor etc. and presenting demonstration lectures in various universities of India.CP RAJASEKHARAN cp99rajsekhar@gmail.com 9447814101
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

4 Comments on "Wives’ Conference"

Notify of
avatar
Sort by:   newest | oldest
Editorial Board
Member

“Women have always been both an enigma and wonder for men. Wives’ conference rightly reflects the deepest of human desires when it comes to a man-woman relationship, the reality of which commences after the presumed fairy ending. “Borrowing the heart of others” epitomizes the kernel of that philosophy in which desires are difficult to satiate.”

asoke kumar mitra
Member

beautiful write….modern day’s husband and wife they are in borrowing other’s heart………..it’s true in real sense.

wpDiscuz

A Letter To Wives

A Letter To Wives long poem

Painful, we fight with verbal knives. As our women and men need no fight, Nor they should suffer any loss in that; But need to be paved in rough roads, From the husband’s office-rules, you say, The odds and orders,

Wives Of The East

Wives Of The East short poem

Here in the eastern part of our world the sun rises early and we wake up late by evening we become dogs and our wives turns into lamp-posts every night we lose our sense to smell our way back home