Wives’ Conference

Wives Conference prose poem

Oh, my husband, he is too soft, giving everything,
I ask, but not trusting me, keeping all savings, himself,
And asks, “what is money for, am giving all that you need”;
That’s not right, am wounded and so, don’t like him.

My husband, not like yours, he trusts me so much
And give all his earnings, but no savings, so honest,
And used to say, ‘live honestly, kids should not suffer;
Why this much honesty, not practical, I don’t like him.

My husband, earned a lot, bungalows, farm-houses
And a very good savings, much money we have;
But see, no time to spend with us, or for an outing
Working, working, that’s not right, I don’t love him.

My husband? he loves me and gives me everything
Obeying whatever I say, keeping beside me always;
And needs me more time in bed, that is not right,
What others would feel? I hate one, always at home.

My husband, he loves me and my kids, but see,
Too much caring, we feel no freedom to move
And can’t go as we think, that I don’t like, we should be
On our own, I can’t love him, as no watch-dog, I need.

O God! I don’t know, how you created my husband
Such a miser, ‘money, money ’, no other thinking;
Spends only for the oat-meal and baby-food and he
Saves to have a big bungalow, who needs it, I don’t.

See all what we state is right, am thinking, how can I
Get a nice husband, a living toy, dancing on our tunes,
Just playing the notes, we need, and talk so soft, a melody,
A permanent loving tone, vibrating within, as a lover

Oh my God, am not experimenting again, jumped a lot
From one to other in my dreams, directly to my life,
So strange, frustration deepened, and at last, this donkey,
Keeping silent smile, whatever we ask, I am fed up of him.

Now he declares; am shocked listening to him, why he smiles;
“No time for quarreling”, he smiled, “searching a better one;
Hopes and dreams, I follow; you are nice, in my bed room
But not in my heart-room, am waiting for another damsel.”

He said it, but none others, busy with their own net-work,
To log on with other sites and other server, find no time,
To check ourselves, the outgoing and incoming messages,
We transact in our bed room, borrowing the heart of others.”

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography)Born on September 9th, in an Indian village, as the son of Purushothaman Nair & Parukutty Amma of Ernakulam district; and brought up by mother in an average living situation, as the father passed away at the age of two. Completed school education from the Govt. LP School, Nanthiattukunnam, Govt. High School, North Parur and SNV. Sanskrit High School. Then graduated from the Government Sanskrit College, and did the post graduation from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram of Kerala University. Later received an additional degree in Education from the Govt.Training College, Thrissur of Calicut University.Associated with the Gandhian ideology and the Sarvodaya Movement (peace &welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Smaraka Nidhi, Nanthiattukunnam and was elected as the leader of the children's group of the Sarvodaya Movement, in the village at the age of 13; and started participating in social activities from the very early age of child hood. Elected as the school leader, while studying in the 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Started working with student union and elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman of the college union continuously in the college election of Govt. Sanskrit College, Thiruvananthapuram, during 1967 - 72. It was an opportunity to have active participation in the literary and social platforms of the student community, attending student-teacher inter actions with the authorities and educational institutions throughout the college life. Also elected as the president of the Youth wing of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Peace Foundation, Thiruvananthapuram while studying for post graduation, that gave space and time to work for the poor and needy at a young age itself.Started the career as a teacher in Kallai Ganapath High School and Mavoor Rayon's High School, teaching Sanskrit language and literature, and then joined in Kozhikode Sanskrit Vidya Peeth as a lecturer in Indian philosophy. Started speaking on philosophy, aesthetics, and other social subjects, as an orator, invited by the cultural & social organizations, all over the state. Joined All India Radio, in 1976, with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program Announcer to the post of Director of Radio & TV, serving 35 years, covering almost all states of India, winning national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Radio & TV programs.Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the mean time, by own effort. Received an additional Post graduate diploma in psychological counselling from the Kerala university to support the Radio & TV counselling programs. Received diploma in Radio Drama from Germany; trained in TV Direction and production from Pune Film Institute and attended Management Training from Bhubaneswar, India.Conducting child, adult and family counselling, for the last 15 years, apart from the official assignments, working extra time, to uplift the mental faculty of the young people. Practising motivation therapy and psychotherapy to bring back the weak-minded youngsters to the normal life, as a charitable free service, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations in the State. One mobile phone is fully dedicated for public service and made accessible to all who need free help or advice or counselling of any sort. The very needy and poor who need personal help are treated and served at home, with the whole hearted cooperation and assistance of wife and children. Isolated girls and boys are rescued and rehabilitated, after allowing short stay at home, giving confidence to create own living environment.Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theatres of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children's theatre groups at the young age itself, associating with various theatre groups in schools, colleges and in the local arts-clubs and started publishing stories and poems in school-college magazines and local publications. The whole college life was spent experimenting with plays in the open theatre forums, along with the professional actors and theatre activists of the State, along with the literary and social activities, as a best student, an all-rounder. The Sanskrit education tempted to get closer with world classics and the college education in Trivandrum was an opportunity to have association with reputed professors and famous writers, who inspired reading books of great writers of the literary world ; it was from the college life, that the flavour of literature was noticed by the professors and was encouraged in that line.Joining with radio profession, compelled to write and do productions with innovative ideas that could capture the listeners' appreciation, as radio was the only entertaining media, then, reaching every home. The first full-fledged, perfect play, 'The Oblation' (Homam) was broadcast, receiving much appreciation and then followed the broadcast and publication of a lot of creative works. Writing poetry, lyrics, musical features, documentaries and plays, became a part of the job and then the creative writing was flourished by publishing articles, columns, poems, stories and plays in various newspapers from 1976 onwards. The first book, (Three Old Men) that was originally written as Radio Drama in 1982 for the broadcast as the best play in the Radio Drama Festival of Kerala and got published in 1986 as stage-play on the old-age agony, received the Literary Academy Award, the prestigious literary prize of the State, 'The Sahithya Academy Award'. Followed by this, received other awards and reputation, as a well-established dramatist and poet.Written around 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities, the prominent music directors such as Pukazhenthi, V. dakshina Moorthi, MK Arjunan, Thrissur P. Radhakrishnan, MG Radhakrishnan, KP Udayabhanu, kavalam Sreekumar, Perumbavoor G Raveendra Nadh, A Anantha Padmanabhan, PK Kesavan namboothiri etc and sung by Yesudas, KS. Chithra, P Jayachandran, Lathika, Arundhathi, Radha P Viswanadh etc. Produced cassettes of songs by the music producers like HMV of India, that KS Chithra had added to her album, the songs done by Pukazhenthi. in 1988-89.Written nearly 3000 articles, on various topics, re-acting to social problems appeared in the news papers, concerned of daily events that happened in India with own comments and opinion in each event or incident to stop anarchy, brutality and corruption in the state. Started writing columns from 1982 onwards for various news-papers, (3-4 articles in a week), apart from the major contribution of Plays, stories and poetry.Presently working as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, SUPRABHATHAM, publishing from Calicut. Also associated with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University as the, External Examiner, member of the board of studies, visiting professor etc. and taking demonstration lectures in various universities of India.
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

4 Comments on "Wives’ Conference"

Notify of
avatar
Sort by:   newest | oldest
Editorial Board
Member

“Women have always been both an enigma and wonder for men. Wives’ conference rightly reflects the deepest of human desires when it comes to a man-woman relationship, the reality of which commences after the presumed fairy ending. “Borrowing the heart of others” epitomizes the kernel of that philosophy in which desires are difficult to satiate.”

asoke kumar mitra
Member

beautiful write….modern day’s husband and wife they are in borrowing other’s heart………..it’s true in real sense.

wpDiscuz

A Letter To Wives

A Letter To Wives long poem

Painful, we fight with verbal knives. As our women and men need no fight, Nor they should suffer any loss in that; But need to be paved in rough roads, From the husband’s office-rules, you say, The odds and orders,

Wives Of The East

Wives Of The East short poem

Here in the eastern part of our world the sun rises early and we wake up late by evening we become dogs and our wives turns into lamp-posts every night we lose our sense to smell our way back home