The Darkness

Thou darkness, you are one, the only one
in this world, never did change your color,
nor did you hate or devoid of your black,
the thick darkness, you like it and carry on
as your own, with no dislikes, wherever
you are, at day and night, in your darkroom.

True, it is you, project the light beyond your
night gown, for us to figure, clarify, differentiate
and discriminate men and matters, using
your shades, in between light-rays, to appear
and disappear making what is what in pictures,
maps and the blue-print of this whole world.

Each light, with different level and velocities,
do shine, brighter and it fades in beyond limits,
dimming and degrading your glow far brighter
to dark and darker to brightness, varying yourself
you spread a dark curtain the background, giving
a life to a glow-worm to glow this world as it can.

Thou beauty, the black night, we need you
to cover our cruel face with thy blanket, at
day and night we do plan filthy games of crime
and corruption, closing eyes for your presence
not knowing your trick allowing a small ray of light,
to show the whole that you never hide the truth.

‘Truth comes, but late’, we say; you laugh at
on foolish thoughts of men to plan it dark and
present their faded face blindly at dawn, in light,
truth and evidence, you play with darkness and
light in between; you kindle smallest stars
far away the darkness, to light up truth, unseen.

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography) CP Rajasekharan, the well-known writer and broadcaster was born and brought up in an Indian village, North Parur of Ernakulam district in Kerala state. Started preprimary education from own mother and joined in local LP School for primary education; finished upper primary and higher secondary Lessons from Govt. High School & SNV Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Associated with the ‘Sarvodaya Movement’ (Peace and welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace foundation, and worked with its social welfare activities in the village and became the chairman of its children’s wing, at the age of 13. Participation in the literary and social activities, apart from studies aided him to prove himself as a best student, an all-rounder in the campus and elected as the school leader, while studying in 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Later, became elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman continuously in the yearly college union election; and successfully completed graduation & post-graduation in Sanskrit language & literature with prizes and honours from Govt. Sanskrit College and University College of Trivandrum. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups. Stories, plays and poems have been published in school, college magazines and local publications, during student life itself. Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program presenter to the post of the Director of Radio & TV; and served in media for 35 years covering various states of India.That was an opportunity to win national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Stage, Radio & TV programs. The Radio profession was an indirect force to write and do productions with innovative ideas capturing the listeners’ appreciation. The first full-fledged, play, ‘HOMAM’, (The Oblation) was broadcast in 1976, that received high appreciation from radio listeners all over the state and successfully continued the broadcast and publication of poems, lyrics, stories musical features, documentaries and plays that became a part of the job since 1976. The first book, ‘Moonnu Vayasanmaar’ (Three Old Men) written as a Radio Drama, on old-age agony, in 1982 and published later as a stage play in 1986, enabled to receive the ‘Literary Academy Prize’, the prominent award of Sahithya Academy of the State. Then blessed with the receipt of other awards and reputation that includes the ‘Award of the State Academy of Music and Theater’, ‘National Awards of All India Radio’, (for several programs and productions many times), best ‘Public Service Broadcaster Award’ of India and the ‘Television Award’ of the State. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the meantime, by own effort and received an additional degree in Education from Calicut University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling from Kerala University that enabled to start the Radio & TV counseling programs. Received training in Radio Drama production & direction from Germany, TV direction and production from the National Film Institute, Pune of India and obtained the Media Management Training from, staff training institute, Bhubaneswar, India. Presently conducting counseling programs, on education, career and family problems as a full time charity service and taking demonstration lectures, on personality development and peaceful living, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations all over the state, to uplift the poor youngsters, with motivation therapy and psychotherapy. Destitute, isolated boys and girls, disturbed in life, were rescued and taken to own home for a short stay with own family and children and train them with needful educational and career guidance to lead the helpless youth, into a peaceful and successful life. Written more than 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities and published nearly 40 books and 3000 articles, on various topics, reacting to social problems, happening in the world, with own comments and opinion, to stop anarchy brutality and corruption in the state. Retired from National TV and Radio of India as its Director, and started working as the Student coordinator and Media Manager of Indira Gandhi National Open University, receiving the invitation of Indira Gandhi National Open University. Later received invitation, as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, Suprabhatham; and worked with them for one year in Calicut. Awarded with the Tagore National fellowship of the Ministry of Culture, India; and did research on the Performing arts of India, to be published by the Sangeet Natak Academy, the National academy of Music, Dance & Theater. Presently working as the Editorial Consultant for the books & journals in the publications division of the ministry of information & broadcasting of India. Also associating with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University of Kerala, as the External Examiner, member of the board of studies, Expert committee-member, visiting professor etc. and presenting demonstration lectures in various universities of India.CP RAJASEKHARAN cp99rajsekhar@gmail.com 9447814101
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

Darkness At Noon

Darkness At Noon short poem

Tousling the opulence was not modesty. Who will adore the clan? I am not yet ‘me’, the refuge of elevated moon. The heat and dust of nascent money was burning like a loud prayer in dark sun. Perfection tends to

Darkness

Darkness long poem

And there is the night. Darkness in full bloom. Creatures lurking, looking for food. That is the night, the real fright. The solem wisp of the ever ending fear of nothing, Yet everything. There is the night, the dark, The

Darkness

Darkness short poem

Surviving in a holy mess she fathomed, the storm inside her. Grateful, she was of the darkness who created a chaotic perfection inside a devilish beauty. She feared the wolves, yet, it was the one who ignited the forest fire

Lost In Silent Darkness

Lost In Silent Darkness prose poem

When I look back the silent darkness I had left in the deep woods a long ago where I had planted few seeds of my memories to grow but I found those seeds grown with thorns of exasperation and annoyance

Darkness

Darkness long poem

(1) If I were a lover, I would say: Darkness is the drops of kohl On my arid world, Raining from your black eyes. But I forgot my passion in a remote year; Blindness comes out of the pores of