Terminal Liver Cancer

Terminal Liver Cancer elegy

Photo by davis.steve32

It is not on you, dear poet, but on your
Nation, and its rulers, spread all over
Their body, mind and soul; irreparable,
Their cancerous thoughts and deeds;
‘The red salute’, they offer to all, a mean,
Cheap and cruel show of revolution, useless;
They kill own man, for fear of truth,
Cowards, shouting against virtues, to guard
A foolish realm, afraid of democracy, I hate
The sword they hold on their bureaucracy.

The devilish demand for power over blood;
They know not how a pen for democracy
Succeeds over the time, they slipped out.
Shameful to whole nation, they jailed and killed
Own blood and voice, a famous, courageous
Writer and philosopher, preached and lived
For freedom for his people in China;
Demanded nothing from rulers, but freedom,
Thou conducted a peaceful, pro-democracy
Protests in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square, once.

Your men, thousands, brutally crushed and killed
By rude ruler’s armed troops, they lynched, and
Sodomized many; and put you in jail dear Liu;
We know, you did nothing wrong, just demanded
Democracy and political freedom in China
Talked against its one party political system, that
Brought forth cruelty and corruption in the state;
You argued for independent judiciary, freedom of
Expression, a peaceful living for the whole nation;
The political criminals, thy nation, never heard you.

The whole world, listened to your heart-felt cries,
For worldly peace; the Swedes, honored you with
Nobel Prize, a beautiful blow to their rude face;
You died on terminal liver cancer, they say
Covering their shameful face, killing a great poet;
They know not, thou remain beautifully alive;
See the white flags, like white doves of peace,
Flying around you, Liu Xiaobo, do live forever;
We erect your flag of peace and freedom,
Painful, the cancer, China is getting diseased.

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography) CP Rajasekharan, the well-known writer and broadcaster was born and brought up in an Indian village, North Parur of Ernakulam district in Kerala state. Started preprimary education from own mother and joined in local LP School for primary education; finished upper primary and higher secondary Lessons from Govt. High School & SNV Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Associated with the ‘Sarvodaya Movement’ (Peace and welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace foundation, and worked with its social welfare activities in the village and became the chairman of its children’s wing, at the age of 13. Participation in the literary and social activities, apart from studies aided him to prove himself as a best student, an all-rounder in the campus and elected as the school leader, while studying in 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Later, became elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman continuously in the yearly college union election; and successfully completed graduation & post-graduation in Sanskrit language & literature with prizes and honours from Govt. Sanskrit College and University College of Trivandrum. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups. Stories, plays and poems have been published in school, college magazines and local publications, during student life itself. Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program presenter to the post of the Director of Radio & TV; and served in media for 35 years covering various states of India.That was an opportunity to win national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Stage, Radio & TV programs. The Radio profession was an indirect force to write and do productions with innovative ideas capturing the listeners’ appreciation. The first full-fledged, play, ‘HOMAM’, (The Oblation) was broadcast in 1976, that received high appreciation from radio listeners all over the state and successfully continued the broadcast and publication of poems, lyrics, stories musical features, documentaries and plays that became a part of the job since 1976. The first book, ‘Moonnu Vayasanmaar’ (Three Old Men) written as a Radio Drama, on old-age agony, in 1982 and published later as a stage play in 1986, enabled to receive the ‘Literary Academy Prize’, the prominent award of Sahithya Academy of the State. Then blessed with the receipt of other awards and reputation that includes the ‘Award of the State Academy of Music and Theater’, ‘National Awards of All India Radio’, (for several programs and productions many times), best ‘Public Service Broadcaster Award’ of India and the ‘Television Award’ of the State. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the meantime, by own effort and received an additional degree in Education from Calicut University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling from Kerala University that enabled to start the Radio & TV counseling programs. Received training in Radio Drama production & direction from Germany, TV direction and production from the National Film Institute, Pune of India and obtained the Media Management Training from, staff training institute, Bhubaneswar, India. Presently conducting counseling programs, on education, career and family problems as a full time charity service and taking demonstration lectures, on personality development and peaceful living, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations all over the state, to uplift the poor youngsters, with motivation therapy and psychotherapy. Destitute, isolated boys and girls, disturbed in life, were rescued and taken to own home for a short stay with own family and children and train them with needful educational and career guidance to lead the helpless youth, into a peaceful and successful life. Written more than 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities and published nearly 40 books and 3000 articles, on various topics, reacting to social problems, happening in the world, with own comments and opinion, to stop anarchy brutality and corruption in the state. Retired from National TV and Radio of India as its Director, and started working as the Student coordinator and Media Manager of Indira Gandhi National Open University, receiving the invitation of Indira Gandhi National Open University. Later received invitation, as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, Suprabhatham; and worked with them for one year in Calicut. Awarded with the Tagore National fellowship of the Ministry of Culture, India; and did research on the Performing arts of India, to be published by the Sangeet Natak Academy, the National academy of Music, Dance & Theater. Presently working as the Editorial Consultant for the books & journals in the publications division of the ministry of information & broadcasting of India. Also associating with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University of Kerala, as the External Examiner, member of the board of studies, Expert committee-member, visiting professor etc. and presenting demonstration lectures in various universities of India.CP RAJASEKHARAN cp99rajsekhar@gmail.com 9447814101
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

Living With Cancer

Living With Cancer elegy

Alex’s last trip was to California. He wanted to see the Redwood Forest one last time. He loved that he couldn’t see their tops, and when he tried to wrap his arms around their trunks, his arms stretched out wide

An Ode To Cancer

An Ode To Cancer ode

Cancer woke up, The passionate wanderer, One with nature’s beauty, From a well of silence. It whispered to me, The value of time, To an awakening of, Embracing every season. In an endless sea, Of eternal harmony, To gather my

Cancer In My Veins

Cancer In My Veins long poem

An earthquake in my hearts’ kingdom Peaks and troughs,patterns were random Nurses making the fastest moves Trying to fill my cancerian grooves Blackening my last scarlet blood drop Weakening my smooth breaths’ rope I felt the cracks in closed,transparent, glass