Freedom Of Thought

Tore away all my aprons, one by one,
my shirt, shoes, socks and pants,
wrist-watch and lastly, all under wears,
and I look myself up and down, fully
naked, from tip to toes, I liked to see me,
as far as I can, as naked as I am.
the windows and doors, not closed,
I noticed, my room is open, felt nothing
shy, I thought I can walk straight away
through my corridors, to the open world.

What’s wrong, if I stripped myself and
walk along as naked as I am, a truthful
man to me, not cheating the public,
acting as a different man, on his coats
and pants, the wardrobes to create a
wrong image of me, as a doctor or judge
or as an officer with high decorum.
It is a cheat show, my wardrobes do tell,
a false picture, it gives on me, rather
what I am really as naked as a babe.

How free, I feel with no dress, in
bath room and in my bed room, with
girls who like me and whom I like
as innocent as we are, playfully living
with no thoughts on their dress or of mine;
I can’t understand why my wife is worried
over my dress that I should wear, on
our outing, as she, at least she, fully knows
what a man I am, on whatever dress,
I use to hide my truth, as naked as I am.

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (2 votes, average: 2.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography) CP Rajasekharan, the well-known writer and broadcaster was born and brought up in an Indian village, North Parur of Ernakulam district in Kerala state. Started preprimary education from own mother and joined in local LP School for primary education; finished upper primary and higher secondary Lessons from Govt. High School & SNV Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Associated with the ‘Sarvodaya Movement’ (Peace and welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace foundation, and worked with its social welfare activities in the village and became the chairman of its children’s wing, at the age of 13. Participation in the literary and social activities, apart from studies aided him to prove himself as a best student, an all-rounder in the campus and elected as the school leader, while studying in 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Later, became elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman continuously in the yearly college union election; and successfully completed graduation & post-graduation in Sanskrit language & literature with prizes and honours from Govt. Sanskrit College and University College of Trivandrum. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups. Stories, plays and poems have been published in school, college magazines and local publications, during student life itself. Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program presenter to the post of the Director of Radio & TV; and served in media for 35 years covering various states of India.That was an opportunity to win national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Stage, Radio & TV programs. The Radio profession was an indirect force to write and do productions with innovative ideas capturing the listeners’ appreciation. The first full-fledged, play, ‘HOMAM’, (The Oblation) was broadcast in 1976, that received high appreciation from radio listeners all over the state and successfully continued the broadcast and publication of poems, lyrics, stories musical features, documentaries and plays that became a part of the job since 1976. The first book, ‘Moonnu Vayasanmaar’ (Three Old Men) written as a Radio Drama, on old-age agony, in 1982 and published later as a stage play in 1986, enabled to receive the ‘Literary Academy Prize’, the prominent award of Sahithya Academy of the State. Then blessed with the receipt of other awards and reputation that includes the ‘Award of the State Academy of Music and Theater’, ‘National Awards of All India Radio’, (for several programs and productions many times), best ‘Public Service Broadcaster Award’ of India and the ‘Television Award’ of the State. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the meantime, by own effort and received an additional degree in Education from Calicut University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling from Kerala University that enabled to start the Radio & TV counseling programs. Received training in Radio Drama production & direction from Germany, TV direction and production from the National Film Institute, Pune of India and obtained the Media Management Training from, staff training institute, Bhubaneswar, India. Presently conducting counseling programs, on education, career and family problems as a full time charity service and taking demonstration lectures, on personality development and peaceful living, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations all over the state, to uplift the poor youngsters, with motivation therapy and psychotherapy. Destitute, isolated boys and girls, disturbed in life, were rescued and taken to own home for a short stay with own family and children and train them with needful educational and career guidance to lead the helpless youth, into a peaceful and successful life. Written more than 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities and published nearly 40 books and 3000 articles, on various topics, reacting to social problems, happening in the world, with own comments and opinion, to stop anarchy brutality and corruption in the state. Retired from National TV and Radio of India as its Director, and started working as the Student coordinator and Media Manager of Indira Gandhi National Open University, receiving the invitation of Indira Gandhi National Open University. Later received invitation, as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, Suprabhatham; and worked with them for one year in Calicut. Awarded with the Tagore National fellowship of the Ministry of Culture, India; and did research on the Performing arts of India, to be published by the Sangeet Natak Academy, the National academy of Music, Dance & Theater. Presently working as the Editorial Consultant for the books & journals in the publications division of the ministry of information & broadcasting of India. Also associating with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University of Kerala, as the External Examiner, member of the board of studies, Expert committee-member, visiting professor etc. and presenting demonstration lectures in various universities of India.CP RAJASEKHARAN cp99rajsekhar@gmail.com 9447814101
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

1 Comment on "Freedom Of Thought"

Notify of
avatar
Sort by:   newest | oldest
Mario Vitale
Member

To teach is a blessed gift from God handed down to mankind. For the benefit of helping other to gain wisdom & insight. In light of pressures from the outside world. Choose to become a beacon of light to a hurting world in search of it’s timeless love. We need each other to enhance the benefits toward teaching. Believing further that what one does with there individual time today will become evident & echoed in eternity’s sway. Hold your heads up high & smile you are uniquely blessed for the good cause of teaching.

wpDiscuz

Thought On Thought

Thought On Thought short poem

Do you object to sexual encounters in the clan to save a semi-god from extinction? A political consideration? For you becoming an otherself for future generation? I will not return to the cave for a bell jar of bones in

Freedom

Freedom short poem

My heart broke into raptures , my ears listened to the cymbals of freedom. Long hours of toil, moments of agony had come to an end. My life’s most important exam was over. But was I at peace? No, this

Freedom

Freedom short poem

Never sell your freedom.. Freedom does not have price… It is necessary as you breath.. It has no worth in return.. It is the charm of life.. It is the smile of eyes.. It is the voice of your inner

True Freedom True Democracy

True Freedom True Democracy prose poem

After many years of slavery we still end up being enslaved today After many years of exploitation We are still being exploited till today Oh! brother is revolution time is time to live in a real world stand up and

Freedom Sea

Freedom Sea short poem

Well there comes a time when every boy Must become a man but don’t cry mama I’ll be just fine on my own and I don’t need Anyone to hold my hand I know you’ll Miss me while I’m gone