Deep Love In Silence

Those days, not gone, still within me,
Full of love, my mad love-scenes,
With fantasies, and fallacies of colorful days,
We paved through narrow, secluded streets,
Shady meadows, gardens, water-falls,
Pubs and coffee-club cabins, you and me,
In deep love; looking eyes to eyes,
No words and gestures we had; mostly silent.

Not knowing time, days and months,
we passed on years and seasons, unnoticed,
Loving and loved accepting both concerns,
with no orders, claims or arguments;
Nor we had any exclamations, and queries;
We loved, and loved every inch of us,
Got dissolved into our love-songs, so deep,
We slept and woke up with the same song.

A melody, we sung so sweet in silence,
heard from our own soul, felt from far and deep,
As if from heaven, keeping us enjoyed, reaching
The unheard melody, a sweeter-song, better,
Plunging into the ocean of love, hand in hand,
Far from our own shore; and we saw within,
Not so close, nor too tied up, in between,
Free from all bonds, I loved you that you know.

And you loved me, that I realized,
That’s all, we acquired and saved,
As a fixed deposit in the bank of love,
Our life, we spent, the day-time, all days,
Waiting postman; and night, the sleepless,
Full of imaginations, as no e-mails, we had
On those days, nor a missed-call, no
phone or pager, we had then, to play with.

No mobile phone then, we had with us
To pass on ‘miss-calls’, as reminders,
For you and me, to re-wind and recall;
Sure, I was there in your soul living lively,
And you were within me, always, we know,
Talking with our silent-mail, unheard,
And the postman, we saw as our ‘love tone’,
The vibrator, he was, to vibrate our heart.

Desperate, we were, if no letter, we have had;
it’s true, no letter we received, some days,
Lazily we spent our day and night, reading the
same letter, word by word, again and again,
That, we received last, in our day- dream;
Your face, I saw on a running bus, at a glance,
Heated inside and keeping calm, never touched,
never talked, so silent, we were in deep love.

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography) CP Rajasekharan, the well-known writer and broadcaster was born and brought up in an Indian village, North Parur of Ernakulam district in Kerala state. Started preprimary education from own mother and joined in local LP School for primary education; finished upper primary and higher secondary Lessons from Govt. High School & SNV Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Associated with the ‘Sarvodaya Movement’ (Peace and welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace foundation, and worked with its social welfare activities in the village and became the chairman of its children’s wing, at the age of 13. Participation in the literary and social activities, apart from studies aided him to prove himself as a best student, an all-rounder in the campus and elected as the school leader, while studying in 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Later, became elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman continuously in the yearly college union election; and successfully completed graduation & post-graduation in Sanskrit language & literature with prizes and honours from Govt. Sanskrit College and University College of Trivandrum. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups. Stories, plays and poems have been published in school, college magazines and local publications, during student life itself. Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program presenter to the post of the Director of Radio & TV; and served in media for 35 years covering various states of India.That was an opportunity to win national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Stage, Radio & TV programs. The Radio profession was an indirect force to write and do productions with innovative ideas capturing the listeners’ appreciation. The first full-fledged, play, ‘HOMAM’, (The Oblation) was broadcast in 1976, that received high appreciation from radio listeners all over the state and successfully continued the broadcast and publication of poems, lyrics, stories musical features, documentaries and plays that became a part of the job since 1976. The first book, ‘Moonnu Vayasanmaar’ (Three Old Men) written as a Radio Drama, on old-age agony, in 1982 and published later as a stage play in 1986, enabled to receive the ‘Literary Academy Prize’, the prominent award of Sahithya Academy of the State. Then blessed with the receipt of other awards and reputation that includes the ‘Award of the State Academy of Music and Theater’, ‘National Awards of All India Radio’, (for several programs and productions many times), best ‘Public Service Broadcaster Award’ of India and the ‘Television Award’ of the State. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the meantime, by own effort and received an additional degree in Education from Calicut University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling from Kerala University that enabled to start the Radio & TV counseling programs. Received training in Radio Drama production & direction from Germany, TV direction and production from the National Film Institute, Pune of India and obtained the Media Management Training from, staff training institute, Bhubaneswar, India. Presently conducting counseling programs, on education, career and family problems as a full time charity service and taking demonstration lectures, on personality development and peaceful living, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations all over the state, to uplift the poor youngsters, with motivation therapy and psychotherapy. Destitute, isolated boys and girls, disturbed in life, were rescued and taken to own home for a short stay with own family and children and train them with needful educational and career guidance to lead the helpless youth, into a peaceful and successful life. Written more than 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities and published nearly 40 books and 3000 articles, on various topics, reacting to social problems, happening in the world, with own comments and opinion, to stop anarchy brutality and corruption in the state. Retired from National TV and Radio of India as its Director, and started working as the Student coordinator and Media Manager of Indira Gandhi National Open University, receiving the invitation of Indira Gandhi National Open University. Later received invitation, as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, Suprabhatham; and worked with them for one year in Calicut. Awarded with the Tagore National fellowship of the Ministry of Culture, India; and did research on the Performing arts of India, to be published by the Sangeet Natak Academy, the National academy of Music, Dance & Theater. Presently working as the Editorial Consultant for the books & journals in the publications division of the ministry of information & broadcasting of India. Also associating with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University of Kerala, as the External Examiner, member of the board of studies, Expert committee-member, visiting professor etc. and presenting demonstration lectures in various universities of India.CP RAJASEKHARAN cp99rajsekhar@gmail.com 9447814101
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

Is This How You Love?

Is This How You Love? short poem

You have no problem leaving me behind. You can easily put me out of your mind. It’s like my presence puts you in a bind. I bet every time you see me you wish you were blind. You told me

Love For Eons

Love For Eons short poem

Not for long will they clasp my hands or play with pots and pans not for long will they run to me with a scraped knee not for long will they run to bedside when they hear the brontides the

Wordless Silence

Wordless Silence short poem

Yes, your name was sliced off from the impasse. I will stand with you to track the continental drift. How little I knew about you and the prosthetic words. Again and again I return to ruins, and the dust and

Suffer In Silence

Suffer In Silence long poem

Many today are lost in a maze Getting caught in a purple haze Wake up late to one of those days Inside we hide behind four walls that bind Yet we are still being crafted in an elegant design Cold

Tale Of An (un)ending Love

Tale Of An (un)ending Love long poem

Don’t remember when it happened A year ago or a few, But a strange thing has happened And, for me, a very new. It all started with a prologue, As it always does, A prologue very interesting, For the both