The Man, I Need

The Man, I Need ode

Photo by -Jeffrey-

A girl of twenty I am, you will say,
Not matured to search a man now,
That’s the fault of your new specs,
In old face; renew your face, not specs;
Things changed a lot, you will see.

Whole world, we see now, in our web,
Husband and wife, father and mother
Divorce cases and court scenes,
We see, as actual, as it happens here;
Yes, I need a man, a very strong man.

‘Strong’ means, not stout or muscled,
Average physical appearance enough,
I don’t need him to war with anyone,
don’t need to expose in muscles- shows;
A man with strong will-power, I need.

He should face all situations in life alike
Work hard for family, the dear and near,
A man of truth I need, with his own ideas,
An open man to his wife, in discussions,
Nothing, he should cover to create a fog.

I need a man, well matured in behavior,
As a friend at home, a child in gay time;
A guide in house-holds and I need him,
A play-mate for me and our kids always;
definitely I need no advocate, to argue.

I need no professor at home, to teach
Morality and discipline, the dos and don’ts;
No miser, I can tolerate; no spendthrifts,
Nor a drunkard I need to drink off my life,
I must be safe to hand in hand with him.

No, I need not, a rough man of selfish sort,
Nor a brute I like; he must be mild in his words,
Understanding and caring in behavior,
Hygienic and decent, for a better social life;
I need no leer, peering into other’s privacy.

A wicked, fool, boosting himself that I hate;
I need one with own individuality; no clown
To laugh at, I need a man, full of manliness;
A bright, intelligent, generous and loving man
I need him; know not I will meet him or not.

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography) CP Rajasekharan, the well-known writer and broadcaster was born and brought up in an Indian village, North Parur of Ernakulam district in Kerala state. Started preprimary education from own mother and joined in local LP School for primary education; finished upper primary and higher secondary Lessons from Govt. High School & SNV Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Associated with the ‘Sarvodaya Movement’ (Peace and welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace foundation, and worked with its social welfare activities in the village and became the chairman of its children’s wing, at the age of 13. Participation in the literary and social activities, apart from studies aided him to prove himself as a best student, an all-rounder in the campus and elected as the school leader, while studying in 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Later, became elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman continuously in the yearly college union election; and successfully completed graduation & post-graduation in Sanskrit language & literature with prizes and honours from Govt. Sanskrit College and University College of Trivandrum. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups. Stories, plays and poems have been published in school, college magazines and local publications, during student life itself. Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program presenter to the post of the Director of Radio & TV; and served in media for 35 years covering various states of India.That was an opportunity to win national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Stage, Radio & TV programs. The Radio profession was an indirect force to write and do productions with innovative ideas capturing the listeners’ appreciation. The first full-fledged, play, ‘HOMAM’, (The Oblation) was broadcast in 1976, that received high appreciation from radio listeners all over the state and successfully continued the broadcast and publication of poems, lyrics, stories musical features, documentaries and plays that became a part of the job since 1976. The first book, ‘Moonnu Vayasanmaar’ (Three Old Men) written as a Radio Drama, on old-age agony, in 1982 and published later as a stage play in 1986, enabled to receive the ‘Literary Academy Prize’, the prominent award of Sahithya Academy of the State. Then blessed with the receipt of other awards and reputation that includes the ‘Award of the State Academy of Music and Theater’, ‘National Awards of All India Radio’, (for several programs and productions many times), best ‘Public Service Broadcaster Award’ of India and the ‘Television Award’ of the State. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the meantime, by own effort and received an additional degree in Education from Calicut University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling from Kerala University that enabled to start the Radio & TV counseling programs. Received training in Radio Drama production & direction from Germany, TV direction and production from the National Film Institute, Pune of India and obtained the Media Management Training from, staff training institute, Bhubaneswar, India. Presently conducting counseling programs, on education, career and family problems as a full time charity service and taking demonstration lectures, on personality development and peaceful living, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations all over the state, to uplift the poor youngsters, with motivation therapy and psychotherapy. Destitute, isolated boys and girls, disturbed in life, were rescued and taken to own home for a short stay with own family and children and train them with needful educational and career guidance to lead the helpless youth, into a peaceful and successful life. Written more than 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities and published nearly 40 books and 3000 articles, on various topics, reacting to social problems, happening in the world, with own comments and opinion, to stop anarchy brutality and corruption in the state. Retired from National TV and Radio of India as its Director, and started working as the Student coordinator and Media Manager of Indira Gandhi National Open University, receiving the invitation of Indira Gandhi National Open University. Later received invitation, as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, Suprabhatham; and worked with them for one year in Calicut. Awarded with the Tagore National fellowship of the Ministry of Culture, India; and did research on the Performing arts of India, to be published by the Sangeet Natak Academy, the National academy of Music, Dance & Theater. Presently working as the Editorial Consultant for the books & journals in the publications division of the ministry of information & broadcasting of India. Also associating with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University of Kerala, as the External Examiner, member of the board of studies, Expert committee-member, visiting professor etc. and presenting demonstration lectures in various universities of India.CP RAJASEKHARAN cp99rajsekhar@gmail.com 9447814101
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

Tears Of Man

Tears Of Man short poem

Tears of Man You have the right to remain silent. Do you make the choice or remain violent? Do you evolve and become more civilized? Or do you choose to stay belligerent? You choose to be healthy, like you are

I Need My Identity

I Need My Identity short poem

I always wonder if the world we live in, would ever get right, the meaning of identity, For, it believes each of us is a race horse, trained just the way it wills us to be – “Girls your age,

Old Man Sitting

Old Man Sitting short poem

The bones are brittle as are the thoughts they crumble events of yesterdays that never happened things that happened not remembered today becomes another time faces and events mingle become a crazy quilt He sits and stares unaware of a

He Is The Man That

He Is The Man That long poem

Who said that dawn doesn’t know him? Yes … Who has said that? He is secreting night when the sunset flows to poem end ; the flute, which surrendered stealthily to the day song, it runs away from the maze

The Man

The Man long poem

The pressure in his head at times was unbearable like a vice clamped around his forehead having it twisted a 1/4 –turn at a time and when he finally thinks it can’t get anymore painful then bad timing comes around