The Man, I Need

The Man, I Need ode

Photo by -Jeffrey-

A girl of twenty I am, you will say,
Not matured to search a man now,
That’s the fault of your new specs,
In old face; renew your face, not specs;
Things changed a lot, you will see.

Whole world, we see now, in our web,
Husband and wife, father and mother
Divorce cases and court scenes,
We see, as actual, as it happens here;
Yes, I need a man, a very strong man.

‘Strong’ means, not stout or muscled,
Average physical appearance enough,
I don’t need him to war with anyone,
don’t need to expose in muscles- shows;
A man with strong will-power, I need.

He should face all situations in life alike
Work hard for family, the dear and near,
A man of truth I need, with his own ideas,
An open man to his wife, in discussions,
Nothing, he should cover to create a fog.

I need a man, well matured in behavior,
As a friend at home, a child in gay time;
A guide in house-holds and I need him,
A play-mate for me and our kids always;
definitely I need no advocate, to argue.

I need no professor at home, to teach
Morality and discipline, the dos and don’ts;
No miser, I can tolerate; no spendthrifts,
Nor a drunkard I need to drink off my life,
I must be safe to hand in hand with him.

No, I need not, a rough man of selfish sort,
Nor a brute I like; he must be mild in his words,
Understanding and caring in behavior,
Hygienic and decent, for a better social life;
I need no leer, peering into other’s privacy.

A wicked, fool, boosting himself that I hate;
I need one with own individuality; no clown
To laugh at, I need a man, full of manliness;
A bright, intelligent, generous and loving man
I need him; know not I will meet him or not.

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography)Born on September 9th, in an Indian village, as the son of Purushothaman Nair & Parukutty Amma of Ernakulam district; and brought up by mother in an average living situation, as the father passed away at the age of two. Completed school education from the Govt. LP School, Nanthiattukunnam, Govt. High School, North Parur and SNV. Sanskrit High School. Then graduated from the Government Sanskrit College, and did the post graduation from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram of Kerala University. Later received an additional degree in Education from the Govt.Training College, Thrissur of Calicut University.Associated with the Gandhian ideology and the Sarvodaya Movement (peace &welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Smaraka Nidhi, Nanthiattukunnam and was elected as the leader of the children's group of the Sarvodaya Movement, in the village at the age of 13; and started participating in social activities from the very early age of child hood. Elected as the school leader, while studying in the 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Started working with student union and elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman of the college union continuously in the college election of Govt. Sanskrit College, Thiruvananthapuram, during 1967 - 72. It was an opportunity to have active participation in the literary and social platforms of the student community, attending student-teacher inter actions with the authorities and educational institutions throughout the college life. Also elected as the president of the Youth wing of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Peace Foundation, Thiruvananthapuram while studying for post graduation, that gave space and time to work for the poor and needy at a young age itself.Started the career as a teacher in Kallai Ganapath High School and Mavoor Rayon's High School, teaching Sanskrit language and literature, and then joined in Kozhikode Sanskrit Vidya Peeth as a lecturer in Indian philosophy. Started speaking on philosophy, aesthetics, and other social subjects, as an orator, invited by the cultural & social organizations, all over the state. Joined All India Radio, in 1976, with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program Announcer to the post of Director of Radio & TV, serving 35 years, covering almost all states of India, winning national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Radio & TV programs.Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the mean time, by own effort. Received an additional Post graduate diploma in psychological counselling from the Kerala university to support the Radio & TV counselling programs. Received diploma in Radio Drama from Germany; trained in TV Direction and production from Pune Film Institute and attended Management Training from Bhubaneswar, India.Conducting child, adult and family counselling, for the last 15 years, apart from the official assignments, working extra time, to uplift the mental faculty of the young people. Practising motivation therapy and psychotherapy to bring back the weak-minded youngsters to the normal life, as a charitable free service, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations in the State. One mobile phone is fully dedicated for public service and made accessible to all who need free help or advice or counselling of any sort. The very needy and poor who need personal help are treated and served at home, with the whole hearted cooperation and assistance of wife and children. Isolated girls and boys are rescued and rehabilitated, after allowing short stay at home, giving confidence to create own living environment.Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theatres of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children's theatre groups at the young age itself, associating with various theatre groups in schools, colleges and in the local arts-clubs and started publishing stories and poems in school-college magazines and local publications. The whole college life was spent experimenting with plays in the open theatre forums, along with the professional actors and theatre activists of the State, along with the literary and social activities, as a best student, an all-rounder. The Sanskrit education tempted to get closer with world classics and the college education in Trivandrum was an opportunity to have association with reputed professors and famous writers, who inspired reading books of great writers of the literary world ; it was from the college life, that the flavour of literature was noticed by the professors and was encouraged in that line.Joining with radio profession, compelled to write and do productions with innovative ideas that could capture the listeners' appreciation, as radio was the only entertaining media, then, reaching every home. The first full-fledged, perfect play, 'The Oblation' (Homam) was broadcast, receiving much appreciation and then followed the broadcast and publication of a lot of creative works. Writing poetry, lyrics, musical features, documentaries and plays, became a part of the job and then the creative writing was flourished by publishing articles, columns, poems, stories and plays in various newspapers from 1976 onwards. The first book, (Three Old Men) that was originally written as Radio Drama in 1982 for the broadcast as the best play in the Radio Drama Festival of Kerala and got published in 1986 as stage-play on the old-age agony, received the Literary Academy Award, the prestigious literary prize of the State, 'The Sahithya Academy Award'. Followed by this, received other awards and reputation, as a well-established dramatist and poet.Written around 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities, the prominent music directors such as Pukazhenthi, V. dakshina Moorthi, MK Arjunan, Thrissur P. Radhakrishnan, MG Radhakrishnan, KP Udayabhanu, kavalam Sreekumar, Perumbavoor G Raveendra Nadh, A Anantha Padmanabhan, PK Kesavan namboothiri etc and sung by Yesudas, KS. Chithra, P Jayachandran, Lathika, Arundhathi, Radha P Viswanadh etc. Produced cassettes of songs by the music producers like HMV of India, that KS Chithra had added to her album, the songs done by Pukazhenthi. in 1988-89.Written nearly 3000 articles, on various topics, re-acting to social problems appeared in the news papers, concerned of daily events that happened in India with own comments and opinion in each event or incident to stop anarchy, brutality and corruption in the state. Started writing columns from 1982 onwards for various news-papers, (3-4 articles in a week), apart from the major contribution of Plays, stories and poetry.Presently working as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, SUPRABHATHAM, publishing from Calicut. Also associated with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University as the, External Examiner, member of the board of studies, visiting professor etc. and taking demonstration lectures in various universities of India.
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

The Ruined Man

The Ruined Man short poem

You say you are at war You say you are battle worn You say you have gone all dark All weary and filled with scorn You say she took your life away You say you are left with nothing at

Vanishing Man

Vanishing Man short poem

hand the colour of sand tries to bury itself into the concrete as if it were sand the grey slab lumped is not going to lie though, tonight, he will lie on it under corrugated pre-creased sheets the bumps a

The Case Of Man

The Case Of Man prose poem

Well, at entrances of all cities, there sits a monster as huge as a puzzle. He asks; travelers still give the wrong answers before being devoured. There comes a man with two legs, two hands, two eyes, two ears, a

The Man

The Man short poem

Every day in his life was hell, Repercussions he could hardly spell. He endured drudgery to pay his bills, No time for Netflix and chills. Man, he never had the privilege of peers, His world was always shrouded by petulant

I Need A Man, Not A Boy!

I Need A Man, Not A Boy! long poem

I wish I could teach you, The ways of men, I wish I could change you, Beard doesn’t make you a man, I wish you could open your eyes, And see the woman in me, I wish you could know