The Loving Cobra

The love scene of a cobra, I saw,
It kisses all over the body of its
Love-hit snake -girl, very carefully,
Keeps close its mouth, not to
Wound her, keeping its teeth in,
Shut closed its venomous flows.

The word cobra and its Indian
Feel of fear on this reptile, I forgot
For a while, anxiously watched a
Hot scene, a lover waiting for his love,
Calling her with his love tone,
The vibrator, a snake owns to prattle.

He called his love; for my surprise, she
Came crawling out of hole, looked around,
And saw her spouse, waiting, nearby;
Her bashful and shy face, gleamed,
I saw love, in creepers, reaching its lover,
on his call, it needs to meet and mate.

And my cobra, the lover, slowly,
Crawled forward; his love, the female,
Just like our girls, a teen-aged damsel.
Came out creeping, face shines in love;
They kept silent, for a while, not moving
Not crawling, they gazed each other.

No more, the cobra could wait, he
Kissed her face all over, and her
Whole body, as she moved forward
And backward, tickled; he kissed, all her
Tickling points, he knows, carefully,
And slowly he did, possibly he could.

Crawling, grovelled over her, taming,
Harmonizing and domesticating her
The spouse, my Cobra, slipped over her,
Embraced, confined and integrated both
For an amicable gliding affability, twisted
And entwined; they copulated in deep love.

Love making, not a short term affair,
I know, it is long, endurable process of
Elation, effusing love, to edify its effect,
The fulfillment of everlasting love, recreating
Body, mind and soul together, fully sharing
One another the ebullient emotions it has.

No hands, no legs, only the body; enough
They feel impassioned to envelope one
Another, ascending in tipsy, they blend
Together kissing face to face and tail to tail,
Not knowing the time, space, day or night,
They melted, dissolved and absorbed within.

I turned back to call my wife; and saw her,
Carefully picturing the whole in her mobile phone,
The love scenes of a cobra and its spouse,
An enticing and enrapturing experience,
The long, enduring love, a cobra had with his
Spouse, the snakes, crawled on, one over other.

The clippings, of cobra’s love-scenes,
Their deep involvement, we saw once again,
Before we go to bed; ‘snakes, more sensitive
And loving, why our men rape women?’
She asked, quoting head-lines of TV news,
No answer I had; I crept on as she liked.

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography) CP Rajasekharan, the well-known writer and broadcaster was born and brought up in an Indian village, North Parur of Ernakulam district in Kerala state. Started preprimary education from own mother and joined in local LP School for primary education; finished upper primary and higher secondary Lessons from Govt. High School & SNV Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Associated with the ‘Sarvodaya Movement’ (Peace and welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace foundation, and worked with its social welfare activities in the village and became the chairman of its children’s wing, at the age of 13. Participation in the literary and social activities, apart from studies aided him to prove himself as a best student, an all-rounder in the campus and elected as the school leader, while studying in 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Later, became elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman continuously in the yearly college union election; and successfully completed graduation & post-graduation in Sanskrit language & literature with prizes and honours from Govt. Sanskrit College and University College of Trivandrum. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups. Stories, plays and poems have been published in school, college magazines and local publications, during student life itself. Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program presenter to the post of the Director of Radio & TV; and served in media for 35 years covering various states of India.That was an opportunity to win national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Stage, Radio & TV programs. The Radio profession was an indirect force to write and do productions with innovative ideas capturing the listeners’ appreciation. The first full-fledged, play, ‘HOMAM’, (The Oblation) was broadcast in 1976, that received high appreciation from radio listeners all over the state and successfully continued the broadcast and publication of poems, lyrics, stories musical features, documentaries and plays that became a part of the job since 1976. The first book, ‘Moonnu Vayasanmaar’ (Three Old Men) written as a Radio Drama, on old-age agony, in 1982 and published later as a stage play in 1986, enabled to receive the ‘Literary Academy Prize’, the prominent award of Sahithya Academy of the State. Then blessed with the receipt of other awards and reputation that includes the ‘Award of the State Academy of Music and Theater’, ‘National Awards of All India Radio’, (for several programs and productions many times), best ‘Public Service Broadcaster Award’ of India and the ‘Television Award’ of the State. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the meantime, by own effort and received an additional degree in Education from Calicut University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling from Kerala University that enabled to start the Radio & TV counseling programs. Received training in Radio Drama production & direction from Germany, TV direction and production from the National Film Institute, Pune of India and obtained the Media Management Training from, staff training institute, Bhubaneswar, India. Presently conducting counseling programs, on education, career and family problems as a full time charity service and taking demonstration lectures, on personality development and peaceful living, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations all over the state, to uplift the poor youngsters, with motivation therapy and psychotherapy. Destitute, isolated boys and girls, disturbed in life, were rescued and taken to own home for a short stay with own family and children and train them with needful educational and career guidance to lead the helpless youth, into a peaceful and successful life. Written more than 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities and published nearly 40 books and 3000 articles, on various topics, reacting to social problems, happening in the world, with own comments and opinion, to stop anarchy brutality and corruption in the state. Retired from National TV and Radio of India as its Director, and started working as the Student coordinator and Media Manager of Indira Gandhi National Open University, receiving the invitation of Indira Gandhi National Open University. Later received invitation, as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, Suprabhatham; and worked with them for one year in Calicut. Awarded with the Tagore National fellowship of the Ministry of Culture, India; and did research on the Performing arts of India, to be published by the Sangeet Natak Academy, the National academy of Music, Dance & Theater. Presently working as the Editorial Consultant for the books & journals in the publications division of the ministry of information & broadcasting of India. Also associating with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University of Kerala, as the External Examiner, member of the board of studies, Expert committee-member, visiting professor etc. and presenting demonstration lectures in various universities of India.CP RAJASEKHARAN cp99rajsekhar@gmail.com 9447814101
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

The Loving Demon

The Loving Demon short poem

I take your hand, So soft and clean. Future scars will warp like a band, Those pure eyes that haven’t seen. My hands, rough and red, From blood of past victims. My sinful limb strikes your head, Then I say:

Loving A Street

Loving A Street short poem

A lead goes nowhere, a ladder, a snake, bloody steps; a city mourns, while blackened walls of a house search its owner. Shadows of grainy straws move under the eyes. Scent of nails bites bronze silence. Sips of cold statements

A Real Life Loving Fairy Tale

A Real Life Loving Fairy Tale long poem

Well I guess I’m just one in a million few that still believes in love and the dream of dreams come true when you wish upon a lucky star up above… Well and I wonder why some people give up

Dance Of The Cobra

Dance Of The Cobra short poem

Dance of the Cobra In the shadow of a Supernova Somewhere in the Mist of the Sea Desire encircling You and me The smell of you is Intoxicating and has me Rising to the occasion Tonight as do Your eye’s

Loving Life

Loving Life short poem

If we are willing to learn, life is willing to teach If we are willing to listen, the sounds of life will reach If you are willing to receive, life has much to give Take what life gives, make the