The Loving Cobra

The love scene of a cobra, I saw,
It kisses all over the body of its
Love-hit snake -girl, very carefully,
Keeps close its mouth, not to
Wound her, keeping its teeth in,
Shut closed its venomous flows.

The word cobra and its Indian
Feel of fear on this reptile, I forgot
For a while, anxiously watched a
Hot scene, a lover waiting for his love,
Calling her with his love tone,
The vibrator, a snake owns to prattle.

He called his love; for my surprise, she
Came crawling out of hole, looked around,
And saw her spouse, waiting, nearby;
Her bashful and shy face, gleamed,
I saw love, in creepers, reaching its lover,
on his call, it needs to meet and mate.

And my cobra, the lover, slowly,
Crawled forward; his love, the female,
Just like our girls, a teen-aged damsel.
Came out creeping, face shines in love;
They kept silent, for a while, not moving
Not crawling, they gazed each other.

No more, the cobra could wait, he
Kissed her face all over, and her
Whole body, as she moved forward
And backward, tickled; he kissed, all her
Tickling points, he knows, carefully,
And slowly he did, possibly he could.

Crawling, grovelled over her, taming,
Harmonizing and domesticating her
The spouse, my Cobra, slipped over her,
Embraced, confined and integrated both
For an amicable gliding affability, twisted
And entwined; they copulated in deep love.

Love making, not a short term affair,
I know, it is long, endurable process of
Elation, effusing love, to edify its effect,
The fulfillment of everlasting love, recreating
Body, mind and soul together, fully sharing
One another the ebullient emotions it has.

No hands, no legs, only the body; enough
They feel impassioned to envelope one
Another, ascending in tipsy, they blend
Together kissing face to face and tail to tail,
Not knowing the time, space, day or night,
They melted, dissolved and absorbed within.

I turned back to call my wife; and saw her,
Carefully picturing the whole in her mobile phone,
The love scenes of a cobra and its spouse,
An enticing and enrapturing experience,
The long, enduring love, a cobra had with his
Spouse, the snakes, crawled on, one over other.

The clippings, of cobra’s love-scenes,
Their deep involvement, we saw once again,
Before we go to bed; ‘snakes, more sensitive
And loving, why our men rape women?’
She asked, quoting head-lines of TV news,
No answer I had; I crept on as she liked.

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography)Born on September 9th, in an Indian village, as the son of Purushothaman Nair & Parukutty Amma of Ernakulam district; and brought up by mother in an average living situation, as the father passed away at the age of two. Completed school education from the Govt. LP School, Nanthiattukunnam, Govt. High School, North Parur and SNV. Sanskrit High School. Then graduated from the Government Sanskrit College, and did the post graduation from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram of Kerala University. Later received an additional degree in Education from the Govt.Training College, Thrissur of Calicut University.Associated with the Gandhian ideology and the Sarvodaya Movement (peace &welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Smaraka Nidhi, Nanthiattukunnam and was elected as the leader of the children's group of the Sarvodaya Movement, in the village at the age of 13; and started participating in social activities from the very early age of child hood. Elected as the school leader, while studying in the 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Started working with student union and elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman of the college union continuously in the college election of Govt. Sanskrit College, Thiruvananthapuram, during 1967 - 72. It was an opportunity to have active participation in the literary and social platforms of the student community, attending student-teacher inter actions with the authorities and educational institutions throughout the college life. Also elected as the president of the Youth wing of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Peace Foundation, Thiruvananthapuram while studying for post graduation, that gave space and time to work for the poor and needy at a young age itself.Started the career as a teacher in Kallai Ganapath High School and Mavoor Rayon's High School, teaching Sanskrit language and literature, and then joined in Kozhikode Sanskrit Vidya Peeth as a lecturer in Indian philosophy. Started speaking on philosophy, aesthetics, and other social subjects, as an orator, invited by the cultural & social organizations, all over the state. Joined All India Radio, in 1976, with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program Announcer to the post of Director of Radio & TV, serving 35 years, covering almost all states of India, winning national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Radio & TV programs.Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the mean time, by own effort. Received an additional Post graduate diploma in psychological counselling from the Kerala university to support the Radio & TV counselling programs. Received diploma in Radio Drama from Germany; trained in TV Direction and production from Pune Film Institute and attended Management Training from Bhubaneswar, India.Conducting child, adult and family counselling, for the last 15 years, apart from the official assignments, working extra time, to uplift the mental faculty of the young people. Practising motivation therapy and psychotherapy to bring back the weak-minded youngsters to the normal life, as a charitable free service, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations in the State. One mobile phone is fully dedicated for public service and made accessible to all who need free help or advice or counselling of any sort. The very needy and poor who need personal help are treated and served at home, with the whole hearted cooperation and assistance of wife and children. Isolated girls and boys are rescued and rehabilitated, after allowing short stay at home, giving confidence to create own living environment.Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theatres of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children's theatre groups at the young age itself, associating with various theatre groups in schools, colleges and in the local arts-clubs and started publishing stories and poems in school-college magazines and local publications. The whole college life was spent experimenting with plays in the open theatre forums, along with the professional actors and theatre activists of the State, along with the literary and social activities, as a best student, an all-rounder. The Sanskrit education tempted to get closer with world classics and the college education in Trivandrum was an opportunity to have association with reputed professors and famous writers, who inspired reading books of great writers of the literary world ; it was from the college life, that the flavour of literature was noticed by the professors and was encouraged in that line.Joining with radio profession, compelled to write and do productions with innovative ideas that could capture the listeners' appreciation, as radio was the only entertaining media, then, reaching every home. The first full-fledged, perfect play, 'The Oblation' (Homam) was broadcast, receiving much appreciation and then followed the broadcast and publication of a lot of creative works. Writing poetry, lyrics, musical features, documentaries and plays, became a part of the job and then the creative writing was flourished by publishing articles, columns, poems, stories and plays in various newspapers from 1976 onwards. The first book, (Three Old Men) that was originally written as Radio Drama in 1982 for the broadcast as the best play in the Radio Drama Festival of Kerala and got published in 1986 as stage-play on the old-age agony, received the Literary Academy Award, the prestigious literary prize of the State, 'The Sahithya Academy Award'. Followed by this, received other awards and reputation, as a well-established dramatist and poet.Written around 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities, the prominent music directors such as Pukazhenthi, V. dakshina Moorthi, MK Arjunan, Thrissur P. Radhakrishnan, MG Radhakrishnan, KP Udayabhanu, kavalam Sreekumar, Perumbavoor G Raveendra Nadh, A Anantha Padmanabhan, PK Kesavan namboothiri etc and sung by Yesudas, KS. Chithra, P Jayachandran, Lathika, Arundhathi, Radha P Viswanadh etc. Produced cassettes of songs by the music producers like HMV of India, that KS Chithra had added to her album, the songs done by Pukazhenthi. in 1988-89.Written nearly 3000 articles, on various topics, re-acting to social problems appeared in the news papers, concerned of daily events that happened in India with own comments and opinion in each event or incident to stop anarchy, brutality and corruption in the state. Started writing columns from 1982 onwards for various news-papers, (3-4 articles in a week), apart from the major contribution of Plays, stories and poetry.Presently working as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, SUPRABHATHAM, publishing from Calicut. Also associated with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University as the, External Examiner, member of the board of studies, visiting professor etc. and taking demonstration lectures in various universities of India.
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

Loving A Street

Loving A Street short poem

A lead goes nowhere, a ladder, a snake, bloody steps; a city mourns, while blackened walls of a house search its owner. Shadows of grainy straws move under the eyes. Scent of nails bites bronze silence. Sips of cold statements

A Real Life Loving Fairy Tale

A Real Life Loving Fairy Tale long poem

Well I guess I’m just one in a million few that still believes in love and the dream of dreams come true when you wish upon a lucky star up above… Well and I wonder why some people give up

Dance Of The Cobra

Dance Of The Cobra short poem

Dance of the Cobra In the shadow of a Supernova Somewhere in the Mist of the Sea Desire encircling You and me The smell of you is Intoxicating and has me Rising to the occasion Tonight as do Your eye’s

Loving Life

Loving Life short poem

If we are willing to learn, life is willing to teach If we are willing to listen, the sounds of life will reach If you are willing to receive, life has much to give Take what life gives, make the

Loving People

Loving People prose poem

It must have been at least five years ago that I saw him for the first time I must admit, his looks and the way he dressed, were not the inviting kind He was quiet, presented no threat to anyone;