A Letter To Wives

A Letter To Wives long poem

Uploaded by CP RAJASEKHARAN

Painful, we fight with verbal knives.
As our women and men need no fight,
Nor they should suffer any loss in that;
But need to be paved in rough roads,
From the husband’s office-rules, you say,
The odds and orders, that never suit,
For a positive, than possessive road,
For a peaceful family life, I agree.

Better be free, rather trespass, paths
If you don’t feel concerned of, relations,
We keep in wrong track; I forget;
Agree, you need, special, love and care
And I made you safe, a secured life;
Keep apart our ill-feels and irritations;
To safeguard the peace of mind, for both,
With no war or bombardments, we had.

Let us sit, discuss and sort out,
The facts as facts, as we did in pubs,
With a coffee or beer, tell me as you like.
And talk, leaving all prejudices out,
And let us finish our issues, here itself,
Instead of going to the seminar halls,
Speaking against all husbands, in this world;
For they, have not done any harm to you.

You target me alone, not other husbands.
I know not, why you violent in this way
And hate all men in this world, as you
Blame the whole men as your enemies.
Better, keep away yourself from your men.
Free ourselves, the only way, to get freedom;
And getting others with force, is not so easy,
The real problem, we men and women face.

Never, I ignored you, nor did I
Send you out; getting away from home,
By oneself is different; that’s personal,
As long as, you can manage as you like;
Freedom that is acquired by own will,
But not, offered or ordered by others,
Attain and enjoy it as your right, using own
Thoughts, the mental strength, you hold.

Instead of making cries and shouts,
That no way helps to be happy, but think;
As man and woman, both having rights,
Just go through our social norms,
Generally not affecting you or me;
But tell me if I did wrong anywhere,
On your way, that I would change,
To look after our kids, the little birds.

And let us have their trust on us.
Am afraid of our kids’ future life,
Too much, they listen to our deeds.
They listen to television slots too,
On family courts, the arguments,
For and against husband and wife,
On various cases, and the same,
They ask, what harm, I have done.

Let us speak, in our bed room,
But not to our kids, to listen; not good,
They may also split their thoughts,
To part them just as a boy and a girl,
In two different poles, as you talk.
And they too will start quarreling,
Just as a, mere man and a woman
Apart from blood relations, they have.

Let us discuss once again, positively,
To live as lovers, in different homes,
Keeping limitations and freedom of lovers;
I will keep mum, and calmly listen to you
As I was doing, years back, in pubs,
When you loved me most and I loved you.
Certainly, for the sake of our children,
Do come and join together with our kids.

=======

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARANBorn, in an Indian village, as the son of Purushothaman Nair & Parukutty Amma of Ernakulam dist. of Kerala state. Completed school education from the Govt. LP School, Nanthiattukunnam, Govt. High School, and SNV. Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Then graduated from the Government Sanskrit College, and did the post graduation from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram of Kerala University. Later received an additional degree in Education from the Govt.Training College, Thrissur of Calicut University.Associated with the Gandhian ideology and the Sarvodaya Movement ( prosperity and welfare for all ) of Gandhi Peace Foundation; and was elected as the leader of the children’s group, in the village, at the age of 13; and started participating in social activities from the very early age of child hood.Elected as the school leader, while studying in the 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Started working with student union and elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman of the college union continuously in the college election of Govt. Sanskrit College Thiruvananthapuram, getting an opportunity to have active participation in the literary and social platforms of the student community, and attended student-teacher inter actions with the authorities and educational institutions throughout the college life. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater groups at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups in schools, colleges and in the local arts-clubs and started publishing stories and poems in school-college magazines and local publications. The whole college life was spent experimenting with plays in the open theater forums, along with the professional actors and theater activists of the State, along with the literary and social activities, as a best student, an all-rounder. The Sanskrit education tempted to get closer with world classics and the college education in Trivandrum was an opportunity to have association with reputed professors and famous writers, who inspired reading books of great writers of the literary world ; it was from the college life, that the flavor of literature was noticed by the professors and was encouraged in that line. Also elected as the president of the Youth wing of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Smarak, Thiruvananthapuram while studying for post graduation, that gave space and time to work for the poor and needy at a young age itself. Started the career as a teacher, in Kozhikode Sanskrit Vidya Peeth, Kallai Ganapath High School and Mavoor Rayon’s High School, teaching Sanskrit language and literature, and Indian philosophy; And started speaking on philosophy, aesthetics, and other social subjects, as an orator, all over the state. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the mean time, by own effort, and took an additional Post graduate diploma in psychological counseling from the Kerala university to support the Radio - TV counseling programs. Conducting child, adult and family counseling, for the last 20 years, apart from the official assignments, working extra time, to uplift the mental faculty of the young people to get them motivated and to bring back them to the normal life by giving motivation therapy and psycho therapy, as a charitable free service, associating with hospitals and educational institutions and social organizations all over the State. One mobile phone is fully dedicated for public service and made accessible to all who need free help or advice or counseling of any sort ; and the very needy and poor who need personal help are treated and served at home. Started rescuing and rehabilitating, isolated and neglected children at home, giving confidence and living environment.Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program announcer to the post of director of Radio & TV, serving 35 years, covering almost all states of India, winning national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Radio & TV programs. Joining with radio profession, compelled to write and do productions with innovative ideas that could capture the listeners’ appreciation, as radio was the only entertaining media, then, reaching every home; And the first full-fledged, perfect play, '' Homam '' (The Oblation’ ) was broadcast, receiving much appreciation and then followed the broadcast and publication of a lot of creative works. Writing poetry, lyrics, musical features, documentaries and plays, became a part of the job and then the creative writing was flourished by publishing articles, columns, poems, stories and plays in various newspapers from 1976 onwards. The first book, (Three Old Men) published in 1986, on the old-age agony, received the Literary Academy Award of the State, and followed by other awards and reputation, as a well-established dramatist and poet. Received Kerala Sahithya Academy Award, Kerala Sangeet Natak Academy Award, State Television Award, Akasvani National awards (10 times) Best Public Service Broadcaster Award of India, and International Radio Nomination from Iran etc.. After retiring from AIR, invited bi the Indira Gandhi National Open University to be the Station Head of its Broadcasting wing for 5 years and then served as the Editor of a Malayalam News paper, ''Suprabhatham'', for one year. Presently working for the Sangeet Natak Academi, Delhi, as the Tagore National Scholar, preparing a unique Encyclopedia on the performing arts of India, under the Tagore National Fellowship scheme.
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

A Letter To Hurricane Irma

A Letter To Hurricane Irma prose poem

Dear Irma I have great respect for you as well as all who preceded and who will follow you. I have refused to take any of you for granted even though I have never experienced your presence. Even though we

Letter To My Child

Letter To My Child short poem

You ask if I believe in God. I think He’s left us all alone like sweaty children in a mall, searching for our mothers. But one glance at your tenderly upturned face, I can only breathe of white angels, gossamer

A Letter To Jesus

A Letter To Jesus ode

Oh Lord Jesus, lover of my soul, He that shineth upon my poor heart. Cleanse me of every ungodly role that pierces thee like a fiery dart. Deliver my soul I beseech thee, from the deceiver’s ravenous jaws. Cause me

A Letter To Adele In My Head

A Letter To Adele In My Head long poem

*Read as Macloghin, with a g, not an f Angriness paves way to thought and it is me who is thinking, though I feel otherwise, and see whoever it was that god in that song, telling me to be clown’s

A Letter For All Of You

A Letter For All Of You long poem

I heard so many complaints That is from all of you “you don’t call me you don’t have time to receive my call how do you recall me you have forget me to go other states thank you so much