The Seeds

The Seeds ode

Uploaded by CP RAJASEKHARAN

My prayers are not prayers
And my penance is not penance,
Remarkable, the patience you show,
Admirably greater than mine, I assure;
Incomparable, thy dedication, thou
Dried and dried under the hot sun,
With no food nor drink, continuing endure,
Regardless of thirst, hunger or heat inside.

Bearing yourself, the hazards, to give birth
To a new born babe, that too, not for you,
Unlike our women fulfilling motherhood,
To live happily with the child to be secured;
Thou give birth to the young buds and you
Ceased to exist by, lost and decayed;
Break the protecting shell thyself and give away
All you have, as food to the new one, no regrets.

Live and exist, keeping on this nature, alive;
Placing the balance, favoring others,
With no sorrows to leave the world soon,
Letting your offsprings, to live happily;
The patience, you have, remarkably great,
Untiringly you wait for days, months,
Even for years, till you find a favorable
Space and time, you need to break the nuts.

The little plant shoots out from your belly,
And yourself, readily gone down to earth,
For the new one, to come up with your soul,
The genetic truth happens in living beings.
How long you travel for this purpose
And how long you hide yourself,
Heated and dried, saving from animals,
And pests; your prayers and fears, we know.

Keep yourself, as if, dead and lifeless,
Silently suffering the calamities
And partiality of men, they prefer to eat,
Than preserve, but survive, even after eaten.
Sprout and grow, where they left you out,
Using, human waste, as manure, painful,
The partiality of men, preserving domestic seeds,
Others seemed, thrown out with no care.

In the wind and rain or in frost and snow,
To face its fate, neglected, falling on rocks,
Fire and floods with no hope, but you energize
Yourself and keep your ovum safe.
You, my friend, philosopher and guide,
Teaching me tolerance, not to agitate,
But to suffer and wait for the right time,
Not losing hopes and expectations.

—————–

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARANBorn, in an Indian village, as the son of Purushothaman Nair & Parukutty Amma of Ernakulam dist. of Kerala state. Completed school education from the Govt. LP School, Nanthiattukunnam, Govt. High School, and SNV. Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Then graduated from the Government Sanskrit College, and did the post graduation from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram of Kerala University. Later received an additional degree in Education from the Govt.Training College, Thrissur of Calicut University.Associated with the Gandhian ideology and the Sarvodaya Movement ( prosperity and welfare for all ) of Gandhi Peace Foundation; and was elected as the leader of the children’s group, in the village, at the age of 13; and started participating in social activities from the very early age of child hood.Elected as the school leader, while studying in the 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Started working with student union and elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman of the college union continuously in the college election of Govt. Sanskrit College Thiruvananthapuram, getting an opportunity to have active participation in the literary and social platforms of the student community, and attended student-teacher inter actions with the authorities and educational institutions throughout the college life. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater groups at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups in schools, colleges and in the local arts-clubs and started publishing stories and poems in school-college magazines and local publications. The whole college life was spent experimenting with plays in the open theater forums, along with the professional actors and theater activists of the State, along with the literary and social activities, as a best student, an all-rounder. The Sanskrit education tempted to get closer with world classics and the college education in Trivandrum was an opportunity to have association with reputed professors and famous writers, who inspired reading books of great writers of the literary world ; it was from the college life, that the flavor of literature was noticed by the professors and was encouraged in that line. Also elected as the president of the Youth wing of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Smarak, Thiruvananthapuram while studying for post graduation, that gave space and time to work for the poor and needy at a young age itself. Started the career as a teacher, in Kozhikode Sanskrit Vidya Peeth, Kallai Ganapath High School and Mavoor Rayon’s High School, teaching Sanskrit language and literature, and Indian philosophy; And started speaking on philosophy, aesthetics, and other social subjects, as an orator, all over the state. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the mean time, by own effort, and took an additional Post graduate diploma in psychological counseling from the Kerala university to support the Radio - TV counseling programs. Conducting child, adult and family counseling, for the last 20 years, apart from the official assignments, working extra time, to uplift the mental faculty of the young people to get them motivated and to bring back them to the normal life by giving motivation therapy and psycho therapy, as a charitable free service, associating with hospitals and educational institutions and social organizations all over the State. One mobile phone is fully dedicated for public service and made accessible to all who need free help or advice or counseling of any sort ; and the very needy and poor who need personal help are treated and served at home. Started rescuing and rehabilitating, isolated and neglected children at home, giving confidence and living environment.Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program announcer to the post of director of Radio & TV, serving 35 years, covering almost all states of India, winning national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Radio & TV programs. Joining with radio profession, compelled to write and do productions with innovative ideas that could capture the listeners’ appreciation, as radio was the only entertaining media, then, reaching every home; And the first full-fledged, perfect play, '' Homam '' (The Oblation’ ) was broadcast, receiving much appreciation and then followed the broadcast and publication of a lot of creative works. Writing poetry, lyrics, musical features, documentaries and plays, became a part of the job and then the creative writing was flourished by publishing articles, columns, poems, stories and plays in various newspapers from 1976 onwards. The first book, (Three Old Men) published in 1986, on the old-age agony, received the Literary Academy Award of the State, and followed by other awards and reputation, as a well-established dramatist and poet. Received Kerala Sahithya Academy Award, Kerala Sangeet Natak Academy Award, State Television Award, Akasvani National awards (10 times) Best Public Service Broadcaster Award of India, and International Radio Nomination from Iran etc.. After retiring from AIR, invited bi the Indira Gandhi National Open University to be the Station Head of its Broadcasting wing for 5 years and then served as the Editor of a Malayalam News paper, ''Suprabhatham'', for one year. Presently working for the Sangeet Natak Academi, Delhi, as the Tagore National Scholar, preparing a unique Encyclopedia on the performing arts of India, under the Tagore National Fellowship scheme.
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

The Seeds Of Today

The Seeds Of Today short poem

All of the flowers of all the tomorrows Are held in the seeds of today All of the dreamers have moments they borrow Without much intent to repay All of the highways in all new directions Are open to all

The Seeds Of Love

The Seeds Of Love short poem

The pomegranate burst apart in a shower of purple-red spray and blunt red teeth disproving the chic appeal of white upholstery we cleaned the crime scene long hours on our knees soaking cloths with tart white vinegar and dabbing away

Sprouting Seeds

Sprouting Seeds short poem

Turnover my secret past I have to dig up my future In the hour of crumbling walls and dark clouds. Pale moon becomes a beacon in another version of solitude where nobody speaks of sores and premature death. I stay