Cuckoo Not Sings

Cuckoo Not Sings long poem

Cuckoo Not Sings long poemUploaded by CP RAJASEKHARAN

Our poets the fools, as always they are,
Mistake the shouts and cry of a bird,
As its song, the melody, not thinking
The pain, it suffers as ‘thrown outs’,
By own mother, attacked by a stranger,
The crow, a step-mother, kicks it out.

How such a bird, an orphan, can sing?
Find the fact, that a bird, can’t sing,
Nor do they have time to feel happy
And sing, in the midst of hazards,
Day to day hardships to collect and eat,
Their meal, search and find, flying far off.

The cuckoos save themselves,
Warding off calamities and attacks
In life with a far vision, searching own mother,
To know what fault, she did to her mother,
To be orphaned like this, amidst crows,
They scold, address as cheats; not its fault.

Let it be a song, as our lazy poets,
The lotus-eaters think, drinking and eating,
As ordinary drunkards do and sing songs
With no meaning, unlike this bird,
Not drinking nor eating, but waiting
For its mother, not singing, but weeping.

They, the cuckoos, calling its mother,
May be the elegy of orphans, as usual,
Under the threat of life; they weep,
A sad tune of isolation, never ending solitude,
A melancholy, the agony, for themselves
And for us to listen, may be heard on road.

So painful, for mothers and kids
To depart and to be segregated, telling lies,
Endless, to safe guard nothing, but pride,
And prestige, sad story of cheats, the mischief,
With no end, going on acting and enacting
The same love ends, painfully in pathos.

——————

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 2.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARANBorn, in an Indian village, as the son of Purushothaman Nair & Parukutty Amma of Ernakulam dist. of Kerala state. Completed school education from the Govt. LP School, Nanthiattukunnam, Govt. High School, and SNV. Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Then graduated from the Government Sanskrit College, and did the post graduation from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram of Kerala University. Later received an additional degree in Education from the Govt.Training College, Thrissur of Calicut University.Associated with the Gandhian ideology and the Sarvodaya Movement ( prosperity and welfare for all ) of Gandhi Peace Foundation; and was elected as the leader of the children’s group, in the village, at the age of 13; and started participating in social activities from the very early age of child hood.Elected as the school leader, while studying in the 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Started working with student union and elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman of the college union continuously in the college election of Govt. Sanskrit College Thiruvananthapuram, getting an opportunity to have active participation in the literary and social platforms of the student community, and attended student-teacher inter actions with the authorities and educational institutions throughout the college life. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater groups at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups in schools, colleges and in the local arts-clubs and started publishing stories and poems in school-college magazines and local publications. The whole college life was spent experimenting with plays in the open theater forums, along with the professional actors and theater activists of the State, along with the literary and social activities, as a best student, an all-rounder. The Sanskrit education tempted to get closer with world classics and the college education in Trivandrum was an opportunity to have association with reputed professors and famous writers, who inspired reading books of great writers of the literary world ; it was from the college life, that the flavor of literature was noticed by the professors and was encouraged in that line. Also elected as the president of the Youth wing of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Smarak, Thiruvananthapuram while studying for post graduation, that gave space and time to work for the poor and needy at a young age itself. Started the career as a teacher, in Kozhikode Sanskrit Vidya Peeth, Kallai Ganapath High School and Mavoor Rayon’s High School, teaching Sanskrit language and literature, and Indian philosophy; And started speaking on philosophy, aesthetics, and other social subjects, as an orator, all over the state. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the mean time, by own effort, and took an additional Post graduate diploma in psychological counseling from the Kerala university to support the Radio - TV counseling programs. Conducting child, adult and family counseling, for the last 20 years, apart from the official assignments, working extra time, to uplift the mental faculty of the young people to get them motivated and to bring back them to the normal life by giving motivation therapy and psycho therapy, as a charitable free service, associating with hospitals and educational institutions and social organizations all over the State. One mobile phone is fully dedicated for public service and made accessible to all who need free help or advice or counseling of any sort ; and the very needy and poor who need personal help are treated and served at home. Started rescuing and rehabilitating, isolated and neglected children at home, giving confidence and living environment.Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program announcer to the post of director of Radio & TV, serving 35 years, covering almost all states of India, winning national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Radio & TV programs. Joining with radio profession, compelled to write and do productions with innovative ideas that could capture the listeners’ appreciation, as radio was the only entertaining media, then, reaching every home; And the first full-fledged, perfect play, '' Homam '' (The Oblation’ ) was broadcast, receiving much appreciation and then followed the broadcast and publication of a lot of creative works. Writing poetry, lyrics, musical features, documentaries and plays, became a part of the job and then the creative writing was flourished by publishing articles, columns, poems, stories and plays in various newspapers from 1976 onwards. The first book, (Three Old Men) published in 1986, on the old-age agony, received the Literary Academy Award of the State, and followed by other awards and reputation, as a well-established dramatist and poet. Received Kerala Sahithya Academy Award, Kerala Sangeet Natak Academy Award, State Television Award, Akasvani National awards (10 times) Best Public Service Broadcaster Award of India, and International Radio Nomination from Iran etc.. After retiring from AIR, invited bi the Indira Gandhi National Open University to be the Station Head of its Broadcasting wing for 5 years and then served as the Editor of a Malayalam News paper, ''Suprabhatham'', for one year. Presently working for the Sangeet Natak Academi, Delhi, as the Tagore National Scholar, preparing a unique Encyclopedia on the performing arts of India, under the Tagore National Fellowship scheme.
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

I Am Not

I Am Not short poem

Time capsule in gangrene foot. It was madness of the legs. There were no sins in the ghetto. Only illicit distillation and girls changing the beds. It stinks when he says he was god. What was the ism of the

I Am Not

I Am Not short poem

Need Not Suffer

Need Not Suffer short poem

The tears were walking along with laughter. My face was roasted. The fish-men were moving the political wheels. As the chaos was widening, the humming birds started to depart. And the seeds were catching fire from anonymous snipers. The candle

Life Is Not That Easy To Win Over

Life Is Not That Easy To Win Over short poem

To conquer my desire, I chose to battle alone. Armed with hope, Strength and courage Holding weapons of determination and perseverance Struggled, fought till the last blood sheds But.. Lost!!!!Defeated!!! People say “Life is like licking honey off a thorn”….Yes

Karma Is Not Bitch

Karma Is Not Bitch long poem

Karma is Not Bitch It is Us- You and Me Who refuse to understand The signs The warnings And little threats That Karma lays on our paths Only to tell us and warn us That the road we are travelling