Seeing The Happiness Of Souls

Seeing The Happiness Of Souls short poem

Photo by tdlucas5000

Bodies die of getting envious, seeing the happiness
of souls; the souls seem to lead the flowery life
of fairies. Seeing it, bodies spread the sighs
of hell into their eyes, lips and faces.

Their two souls, as it were, becoming a butterfly,
fly in infinite pleasure with two colorful wings;
Love has given them the speed of light;
their two lives become full to the brim in faith.

How far Mexico is and how far Bengal!
Still their two souls flirt together
at one place every moment day and night;
they have built their palace
everywhere in air, in water and on soil.

Seeing the happiness of souls, their two bodies
get perplexed and cry for each other in two different countries.

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

Profile photo of Sayeed Abubakar

Sayeed Abubakar

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
Sayeed Abubakar, a contemporary poet of Bangladesh, is regarded as the major poet of the 90th decade. He was born on September 21,1972 at Rambhodrapur, Panjia under Keshabpur upazila of Jessore district, Bangladesh. His father was Nur Mohammad Biswas, a renowned social worker and mother was Amena Khatun, a devoted homemaker.Literary Life:Sayeed Abubakar started writing poems at a very early age. He was then only 11. Many of those poems were published in the local newspapers such as `The Daily Sphulingo' and `The Daily Ranar'. In those days he used to compose 60-70 poems every day, for he was determined to defeat Rabindranath Tagore by the number of poems. Reason is that Rabindranath started writing poems at his 8 years and Sayeed Abubakar started at his 11 years. Really it was a peculiar silly attempt of a young poet. Later he realized his mistake. But it helped him to be skilled both in rhymes and rhythm at the early stage of his life.He did not stop running after poems ever. Actually poetry got mixed with his blood and soul. As a student, he was very brilliant. He passed his School Secondary Certificate(SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate(HSC) examinations in First Division in 1987 and 1989 respectively. He obtained BA(Honours) in English Literature in 1992 and MA in English Literature in 1993 from Rajshahi University successfully. Just after completing his student life, he joined the popular national fortnightly magazine `Palabadal' as a sub-editor. He edited this literary magazine from 1998 to 1999. Suddenly he left Dhaka city for Chittagong to join Faujdarhat Cadet College as a lecturer of English. The hills and the Bay of Bengal attracted the poet very much but the strict routine-bound life of cadet college did not suit him. He left Faujdarhat Cadet College in 2003 and joined Govt. Lalon Shah College passing the prestigious BCS examination. He is now an assistant professor of English working at Sirajganj Govt. College, Sirajganj. But not a single day he forgot his mission of writing poetry.In national daily his poem was first published in 1988. Then he was a student of class XI at BL Govt. College in Khulna. While in Rajshahi University, he completed composing some of his best lyrics. All those were published then in all the most popular national newspapers and national magazines like the Ittefaq, the Sangbad, the Dainik Bangla, the Inqilab, the Pakkhik Shoily, the Sachitra Bangladesh etc. His first book of poetry `Pranoyer Prathom Pap'(First Sin of Love) was published in 1996. It attracted the attention of the famous living poets. This very book made him famous as a poet in Bangladesh. The second edition of `Pranoyer Prathom Pap' was published in 2008. Now he has eight books of poetry in the market. Many of his poems have been translated in English and Spanish.The famous publishing Company of USA, I-Proclaim Press, published his two books named 'Anthology of the World Poetry' and 'The Golden Kabin' (Translation of Al Mahmud's 'Sonali Kabin') in 2010. The famous publication of UK, Bubok, has published his 'Selected Poems: 2010-2012'in 2013.He is the editor of an English little magazine named 'Bangla Literature'. Modern Bengali literature is presented here in English for the world readers.Poet Syed Ali Ahsan, Syed Ali Ashraf, Al Mahmud, Abdul Mannan Syed, Nazib Wadud, Hasan Alim, Khurshid Alam Babu, Abdul Halim Kha, Mokbul Mahfuz, Taufik Zahur, Dr Fazlul Haq Tuhin, Ahmad Basir, Hosne Ara Beauty, Shahin Saikat and others have written articles on this great poet. Al Mahmud has written essays two times on this poet, which is a rare incident in the field of modern Bengali poetry. Poet Al Mahmud in one of his essays written on Sayeed Abubakar says: 'I got surprised while reading his poems published in newspapers.' Abdul Mannan Syed says, 'Sayeed Abubakar is a real poet from top to toe.' Once reading his first book `Pranoyer Prathom Pap' poet Khurshid Alam Babu had declared in one of his easays: 'It is high time we declared that Sayeed Abubakar is the greatest young poet of Bangladesh.'Awards:1. Shabdoshilon Award 2008 2. Lalon Award 2009 3. Panjia Sahitya Sommelon Sommanona 2010 4. Challish Bachhar Purtite Utsanga Srijan Chintan Sammanona 2012 5. Sristishil Lekhoksongho Sammanona 2014 6. DCL Literary Award 2015 7. Banglar Kabita O Sahitta Forum Award 2005 [taken from the hands of Finance Minister of People's Republic of Bangladesh Abul Maal Abdul Muhith.Sayeed Abubakar's Works:Poetry: 1. Pranoyer Prothom Pap(First Sin of Love) [1996, Palabadal Publication, Fakirapool, Dhaka; 2nd edition 2008, Ittadi Grantha Prakash, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka] 2.Julekhar Shes Jal(Last Trap of Julekha) [2004, Palabadal Publication, Fakirapool, Dhaka; 2nd edition 2011, Parilekh, Rajshahi] 3. Sada Andhokarey Kalo Josnai(Into White Darkness and Black Moonlight) [2006, Ittadi Grantha Prakash, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka] 4. Mesopotemiar Mme(Mme of Mesopotemia) [2007, Parilekh, Rajshahi] 5. Bongatey Bosoti(Dwelling in Bengal) [2008, Ittadi Grantha Prakash, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka] 6. Ebar Ektibar Eksathey(Now Altogether for Once) [2010, Ittadi Grantha Prakash, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka] 7. Kapatakkha Parer Roddur(Sunrays on the Banks of the Kapatakkha) [2012, Ittadi Grantha Prakash, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka] 8. Kagoj Kusum(Paper-flowers) [2014, Mahakal, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka] 9. Tumi Balo Tumi Bristi Valobaso [2015, Parilekh, Rajshahi] 10. Shrestha Kabita [2015, Ittadi Grantha Prakash, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka] 11. Selected Poems: 2010-2012 [2013, Bubok, UK] 12. Poemas de Sayeed Abubakar: un Poeta Bengali[Sayeed Abubakar's poems in Spanish translated by Lorena Lopez Velazquez] [2013, Bubok, UK]Prose: 1. Kabita Kamal (Lotus of Poetry) [2006, Ittadi Grantha Prakash, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka]] 2. Kabitar Adhunikata (Modernity of Poetry) [2010, Siddikia Publications, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka].Children Literature: 1. Chharachhari [2009, Parilekh, Rajshahi]Translation: 1. Modhusudoner Engreji Kabita [2009, Bhumika, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka] 2. The Golden Kabin(Translation of Al Mahmud's 'Sonali Kabin') [2010, I-Proclaim Press, USA] 3. Vinna Vasar Shrestha Galpo [2014, Mahakal, Dhaka]Editing: 1. Adhunik Bangla Kabita [2009, Ittadi Grantha Prakash, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka] 2. Anthology of the World Poetry [2010, I-Proclaim Press, USA]Little Magazine: Bangla Literature [1st Issue, February 2011] Bangla Literature [2nd Issue, April 2012]
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

Seeing In Future

Seeing In Future short poem

Imagine, if we get a chance to see in future of million year ahead World will look completely different and It would be difficult to find from today’s world to attach any thread We will have new civilization growing with

Of Fragmentary Happiness

Of Fragmentary Happiness short poem

In a dark dark night About you I reminisce, Cropping more towards you I fall into abyss. Where I see you With your immense love, Holding me tight Where I be the dove. Your eyes so glittery Filled with fire,

Happiness Made Not Found

Happiness Made Not Found long poem

She dusts her memories with thoughts and prayers for those she left behind. Longing for them like ebb and tide. She spins looms of love laden with smiles and hope And somersaults days into nights tossing her old life into

Happiness Made Not Found

Happiness Made Not Found long poem

Oh! Happiness Where Are Thou

Oh! Happiness Where Are Thou long poem

Happiness! Happiness! Oh! Happiness! Where are thou? You were with me, when I was in primary school, though I never thought much of you, You followed me to secondary school, there also I didn’t recognize you, You were a friend