The Girl I Need

The Girl I Need long poem

Uploaded by CP RAJASEKHARAN

A girl, I need, not as a boy,
as I know what a boy behaves like;
not as a mother, to chase me
with a cane in her hands,
to repeat the dos and don’ts;
not as a wife, claiming her rights
to lock me as an asset, she possessed.
and definitely not as a professor
to teach me economics and statistics,
that I can’t digest in my daily life.

A girl I need, to play with me,
not as a gambler to cheat me in love,
but as a play-mate, accepting,
failure and success, with no sorrows
nor revenge, but may disagree
on friendly terms, leaving me alone,
for a while, to re-appear again,
as if, in ‘hide & seek’, teasing playfully,
snatching the same apple,
to bite side by side, as lovers always do.

I need a girl, not for a fashion show,
nor as a model to sell any fake goods,
covered with artificial beauty, to cheat;
I need no girl to argue cases, as in courts,
as a lawyer, nor to present a paper,
on liberation and women-empowerment;
but as a girl, a mere girl, a loving babe,
to exchange feelings and emotions,
sentiments and relations,
desires and dreams, as a mere girl.

I do need a girl, not as a mere friend,
to follow me blindly, as in facebook;
nor as a partner, in a business concern,
to calculate profit she needs, but a living
companion, ever-loving, a simple girl,
with no complaints nor demands, but to give
and take, sharing all, even sobs and tears,
wilfully presenting, as she needs a boy
to fulfil her love, a free deal, revealing each other,
with no secret nor scratch, to repent later…

————–

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARANBorn, in an Indian village, as the son of Purushothaman Nair & Parukutty Amma of Ernakulam dist. of Kerala state. Completed school education from the Govt. LP School, Nanthiattukunnam, Govt. High School, and SNV. Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Then graduated from the Government Sanskrit College, and did the post graduation from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram of Kerala University. Later received an additional degree in Education from the Govt.Training College, Thrissur of Calicut University.Associated with the Gandhian ideology and the Sarvodaya Movement ( prosperity and welfare for all ) of Gandhi Peace Foundation; and was elected as the leader of the children’s group, in the village, at the age of 13; and started participating in social activities from the very early age of child hood.Elected as the school leader, while studying in the 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Started working with student union and elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman of the college union continuously in the college election of Govt. Sanskrit College Thiruvananthapuram, getting an opportunity to have active participation in the literary and social platforms of the student community, and attended student-teacher inter actions with the authorities and educational institutions throughout the college life. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater groups at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups in schools, colleges and in the local arts-clubs and started publishing stories and poems in school-college magazines and local publications. The whole college life was spent experimenting with plays in the open theater forums, along with the professional actors and theater activists of the State, along with the literary and social activities, as a best student, an all-rounder. The Sanskrit education tempted to get closer with world classics and the college education in Trivandrum was an opportunity to have association with reputed professors and famous writers, who inspired reading books of great writers of the literary world ; it was from the college life, that the flavor of literature was noticed by the professors and was encouraged in that line. Also elected as the president of the Youth wing of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Smarak, Thiruvananthapuram while studying for post graduation, that gave space and time to work for the poor and needy at a young age itself. Started the career as a teacher, in Kozhikode Sanskrit Vidya Peeth, Kallai Ganapath High School and Mavoor Rayon’s High School, teaching Sanskrit language and literature, and Indian philosophy; And started speaking on philosophy, aesthetics, and other social subjects, as an orator, all over the state. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the mean time, by own effort, and took an additional Post graduate diploma in psychological counseling from the Kerala university to support the Radio - TV counseling programs. Conducting child, adult and family counseling, for the last 20 years, apart from the official assignments, working extra time, to uplift the mental faculty of the young people to get them motivated and to bring back them to the normal life by giving motivation therapy and psycho therapy, as a charitable free service, associating with hospitals and educational institutions and social organizations all over the State. One mobile phone is fully dedicated for public service and made accessible to all who need free help or advice or counseling of any sort ; and the very needy and poor who need personal help are treated and served at home. Started rescuing and rehabilitating, isolated and neglected children at home, giving confidence and living environment.Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program announcer to the post of director of Radio & TV, serving 35 years, covering almost all states of India, winning national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Radio & TV programs. Joining with radio profession, compelled to write and do productions with innovative ideas that could capture the listeners’ appreciation, as radio was the only entertaining media, then, reaching every home; And the first full-fledged, perfect play, '' Homam '' (The Oblation’ ) was broadcast, receiving much appreciation and then followed the broadcast and publication of a lot of creative works. Writing poetry, lyrics, musical features, documentaries and plays, became a part of the job and then the creative writing was flourished by publishing articles, columns, poems, stories and plays in various newspapers from 1976 onwards. The first book, (Three Old Men) published in 1986, on the old-age agony, received the Literary Academy Award of the State, and followed by other awards and reputation, as a well-established dramatist and poet. Received Kerala Sahithya Academy Award, Kerala Sangeet Natak Academy Award, State Television Award, Akasvani National awards (10 times) Best Public Service Broadcaster Award of India, and International Radio Nomination from Iran etc.. After retiring from AIR, invited bi the Indira Gandhi National Open University to be the Station Head of its Broadcasting wing for 5 years and then served as the Editor of a Malayalam News paper, ''Suprabhatham'', for one year. Presently working for the Sangeet Natak Academi, Delhi, as the Tagore National Scholar, preparing a unique Encyclopedia on the performing arts of India, under the Tagore National Fellowship scheme.
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

Being A Big Girl

Being A Big Girl short poem

You are a big girl now Crying is weakness You are alone now Remember to put on your happy face We don’t want people to see Your tears are just for you They speak so much, all at once Their

I Need My Identity

I Need My Identity short poem

I always wonder if the world we live in, would ever get right, the meaning of identity, For, it believes each of us is a race horse, trained just the way it wills us to be – “Girls your age,

Need Not Suffer

Need Not Suffer short poem

The tears were walking along with laughter. My face was roasted. The fish-men were moving the political wheels. As the chaos was widening, the humming birds started to depart. And the seeds were catching fire from anonymous snipers. The candle

Being A Girl.

Being A Girl. short poem

what is her fault? just ”being a girl”. Took her to the worst, left nothing to curse. No sense nor an idea, why and what is going on her. Calling out mom, wished hearts would really connected. considered her an

A Girl’s Stride Along The Masculine Road

A Girls Stride Along The Masculine Road long poem

All braced to face the day, The diurnal engine ignited, Gently revving up, Barging into the quietude Of the colony, With a daily prayer escaping His mumbling lips, As he steered mildly Into the road, To see a car pulled