It’s a happy day! After hundreds of submissions, days of reviews and a month full of happy poems, we finally bring to you the 5 lucky winners of Happiness Happens contest who have won prizes amounting to 100$ (each winning entry receives 20$)
Here are our 5 winning entries that are surely going to be happy today –
- Coming of Age by Glen dodge – A poignant piece of verse that captures a beautiful thought ; sometimes Happiness does not just happen but one makes it happen as a means of escape from the darkness and despair that life may throw our way. Beautifully written, tragic and yet sans any melodrama, this one is a sure fire winner, Kudos!
- Senses of Love by Daniel Sukumar – Love perhaps is the most written about topic in poetry but this composition stands out truly..The metaphors used by the poet to describe his love paint a vivid picture in the mind and transport one to another place, as if the whole writing was being enacted out. Wonderfully crafted and the sense of love as the reason for all the happiness that happens to one is intricately woven through the poem. Congratulations to the deserving winner.
- Jigsaw by floorman2012 – So many submissions on all the things that make a heart sing with happiness but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest. The rhythm and cadence of the verse make it so lyrical that it could almost be sung! The simple things that make up what we think is a complex goal to achieve, enumerated and woven together so intricately, it makes one want to actually stop midway and count one’s blessings. An inspiring poem !
- Serene Attire by stephenwebb1 – “happiness and serenity is just a thought away” – such a simple thought and yet so profound, as is the rest of this poem which speaks of letting go of all that bogs us down so that we walk lighter and happier in this world and beyond.. The flow of the words and thoughts is mellifluous and liquid just as the idea of happiness should be. Congratulations for this winning entry.
- Stranger why should I not smile at you by Meghdutam – Happiness is not always about the self, sometimes it comes simply from the act of a smile passed from one stranger to another to cause a ripple effect. A noble thought captured poignantly in this poem which is so simple and unpretentious in its composition but so magnificent in its content. Worthy win!
Congratulations to the winners. We will shortly mail you about your prizes.
Stay Happy. Stay HighOnPoems.
Photo by Brad.K