Life An Adjustment

It’s an adjustment, everyone says, life is to adjust
Without questioning, what this adjustment means to anyone.
Keep silent, when the other-end goes on shouting and argue
For or against, do agree, whatever the other end demands,
Without asking why and what, but obey, that’s adjustment?

Very easy to adjust with wife and children, if you give a nod,
For their likes and happiness, giving and giving whatever asked.
Even if, they are taking and taking without giving anything back,
But smile and keep on giving and talk in favor of them always,
To become a good father or husband at home, that’s adjustment?

More easy to adjust with friends, take them to hotels and clubs,
Without eyeing their pocket, spend yourself to settle the bills;
And be with them always, to enjoy their jokes, if you like it or not
And assist them wherever they need you, without demanding,
Anything in return and avoid, even if they offer, that’s adjustment?

Political adjustments are so open, and often as we obey, without
Questioning the leaders, not irritating nor interfering with their ideas,
And agree what they think right, regardless of our right and wrong,
Even if they find you at fault and go on blaming and cursing,
Obey whatever injustice and ignorance, they say, that’s adjustment?

Let others borrow your generosity by kind and cash, give it to all,
Whoever asks, without discriminating their vices and virtues;
Forget your intellect and wisdom, even depreciated;
And act as an idiot, even if be-fooled; that is adjustment,
Tolerate and bear with them for our peace, to adjust ourselves?

Paying off debits, thinking none of your credits, issue overdrafts,
In terms of love and obligations generously to all and keep calm,
Even if not returned, in cash or kind, or if revoked what agreed,
Thou adjust against any odds, as none other will adjust, for you,
But smile and salute to avoid further revenge, that’s adjustment?

—————-

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 2.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography) CP Rajasekharan, the well-known writer and broadcaster was born and brought up in an Indian village, North Parur of Ernakulam district in Kerala state. Started preprimary education from own mother and joined in local LP School for primary education; finished upper primary and higher secondary Lessons from Govt. High School & SNV Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Associated with the ‘Sarvodaya Movement’ (Peace and welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace foundation, and worked with its social welfare activities in the village and became the chairman of its children’s wing, at the age of 13. Participation in the literary and social activities, apart from studies aided him to prove himself as a best student, an all-rounder in the campus and elected as the school leader, while studying in 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Later, became elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman continuously in the yearly college union election; and successfully completed graduation & post-graduation in Sanskrit language & literature with prizes and honours from Govt. Sanskrit College and University College of Trivandrum. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups. Stories, plays and poems have been published in school, college magazines and local publications, during student life itself. Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program presenter to the post of the Director of Radio & TV; and served in media for 35 years covering various states of India.That was an opportunity to win national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Stage, Radio & TV programs. The Radio profession was an indirect force to write and do productions with innovative ideas capturing the listeners’ appreciation. The first full-fledged, play, ‘HOMAM’, (The Oblation) was broadcast in 1976, that received high appreciation from radio listeners all over the state and successfully continued the broadcast and publication of poems, lyrics, stories musical features, documentaries and plays that became a part of the job since 1976. The first book, ‘Moonnu Vayasanmaar’ (Three Old Men) written as a Radio Drama, on old-age agony, in 1982 and published later as a stage play in 1986, enabled to receive the ‘Literary Academy Prize’, the prominent award of Sahithya Academy of the State. Then blessed with the receipt of other awards and reputation that includes the ‘Award of the State Academy of Music and Theater’, ‘National Awards of All India Radio’, (for several programs and productions many times), best ‘Public Service Broadcaster Award’ of India and the ‘Television Award’ of the State. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the meantime, by own effort and received an additional degree in Education from Calicut University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling from Kerala University that enabled to start the Radio & TV counseling programs. Received training in Radio Drama production & direction from Germany, TV direction and production from the National Film Institute, Pune of India and obtained the Media Management Training from, staff training institute, Bhubaneswar, India. Presently conducting counseling programs, on education, career and family problems as a full time charity service and taking demonstration lectures, on personality development and peaceful living, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations all over the state, to uplift the poor youngsters, with motivation therapy and psychotherapy. Destitute, isolated boys and girls, disturbed in life, were rescued and taken to own home for a short stay with own family and children and train them with needful educational and career guidance to lead the helpless youth, into a peaceful and successful life. Written more than 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities and published nearly 40 books and 3000 articles, on various topics, reacting to social problems, happening in the world, with own comments and opinion, to stop anarchy brutality and corruption in the state. Retired from National TV and Radio of India as its Director, and started working as the Student coordinator and Media Manager of Indira Gandhi National Open University, receiving the invitation of Indira Gandhi National Open University. Later received invitation, as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, Suprabhatham; and worked with them for one year in Calicut. Awarded with the Tagore National fellowship of the Ministry of Culture, India; and did research on the Performing arts of India, to be published by the Sangeet Natak Academy, the National academy of Music, Dance & Theater. Presently working as the Editorial Consultant for the books & journals in the publications division of the ministry of information & broadcasting of India. Also associating with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University of Kerala, as the External Examiner, member of the board of studies, Expert committee-member, visiting professor etc. and presenting demonstration lectures in various universities of India.CP RAJASEKHARAN cp99rajsekhar@gmail.com 9447814101
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

Running Your Marathon Called Life

Running Your Marathon Called Life ballad

When you first began life’s marathon, were you courageous from the start? When you stood there at the starting line, were you committed head and heart? Must you believe you’ll achieve your goals, from the moment you begin? Must you

Scarlet Life Runs Dry

Scarlet Life Runs Dry short poem

Sound dances on the wind The scarlet life that runs through our body Bitter to the smell Sweet to the taste The lifeline that doesn’t make any of us humans much different A beauty that’s capable of sending chills down

Life Cycle

Life Cycle short poem

I rouse from the lap of ocean.. rose up down now and than… flew on on the wings of clouds.. walk play and commit many fouls… Collide with mighty mountains.. feeling cavalier..without any pain… a sudden my tears rushing down

Life And Death

Life And Death short poem

O how I desire, the deluge {a severe flood} to scrub Aside all the black-hearted, and the tender-hearted would be full with warmth, so they won’t harden, but they will fall for the word hasn’t marked them, they will forget

Sorrows Find A Way In Your Life

Sorrows Find A Way In Your Life short poem

When pillows of comfort become your enemy, Understand sorrow is going to be, Life will always check you, Life will always test you, It may try to know how patient or impatient you are, But all life’s long way you