Two Cats

Walking on the streets nearby, a small pussy, I saw,
Mewing, as abandoned, alone and aloof, so sad,
Thirsty and hungry, I felt the need of saving and serving
And took it home, to be blamed by my wife, as usual.

She may do something great, for her, that I blame and I do,
Something, greater, she blames; a regular give and take game;
“Oh what nonsense, you do my dear, we do have a cat here,
The nuisance; and you add one more to trouble me more?

I kept silent, for the time being, as I thought to feed it,
With the very little milk, she kept for her evening tea;
And started feeding the little pussy, keeping it on my lap,
The cat was gulping milk, spoon by spoon as I poured on.

The senior cat watching this scene, I saw, but not cared
What was in her mind, as I was carefully petting the new one,
No sooner did I finish feeding the little one, the senior
Jumped on to my lap and blew down the little one so hard;

Biting and beating so fast with its paw, attacking the new one,
With all its nail and teeth, that I couldn’t bear, all of a sudden;
My belly too got injured by the nails of the senior, on its fight;
Afraid, the junior cried mewing, ran here and there, in vain.

Poor animal, not knowing what to do or where to go,
Jumped on to my lap once again, as a refuge,
To be saved from the stronger and senior, that too jumped,
Getting me wounded by the nails of both, once again.

Startled and afraid, I threw out both of them and stood up,
For fear of bites causing more injury, painful and venomous,
And realized, two females, even cats, on one lap, is too much,
To manage and maintain, like my mobile phone of dual SIM.

The last message, I saw from my girl friend, a new threat,
That ‘she plans to file a divorce-petition against her husband,
To keep on my relationship, so nice’, binding with a heart-felt,
Mobile-kiss; ‘oh Lord. no space on my lap now, even for one’;

Listening to the sounds of the cats, came my wife, shouting,
‘See, you can’t look after yourselves, and adding troubles;’
That I never listened, as I thought of acquiring a new ‘SIM’,
Only for outgoing, with no more incoming-calls or messages..

————-

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 2.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN nair

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARAN ( Brief Biography) CP Rajasekharan, the well-known writer and broadcaster was born and brought up in an Indian village, North Parur of Ernakulam district in Kerala state. Started preprimary education from own mother and joined in local LP School for primary education; finished upper primary and higher secondary Lessons from Govt. High School & SNV Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Associated with the ‘Sarvodaya Movement’ (Peace and welfare for all) of Gandhi Peace foundation, and worked with its social welfare activities in the village and became the chairman of its children’s wing, at the age of 13. Participation in the literary and social activities, apart from studies aided him to prove himself as a best student, an all-rounder in the campus and elected as the school leader, while studying in 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Later, became elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman continuously in the yearly college union election; and successfully completed graduation & post-graduation in Sanskrit language & literature with prizes and honours from Govt. Sanskrit College and University College of Trivandrum. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups. Stories, plays and poems have been published in school, college magazines and local publications, during student life itself. Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program presenter to the post of the Director of Radio & TV; and served in media for 35 years covering various states of India.That was an opportunity to win national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Stage, Radio & TV programs. The Radio profession was an indirect force to write and do productions with innovative ideas capturing the listeners’ appreciation. The first full-fledged, play, ‘HOMAM’, (The Oblation) was broadcast in 1976, that received high appreciation from radio listeners all over the state and successfully continued the broadcast and publication of poems, lyrics, stories musical features, documentaries and plays that became a part of the job since 1976. The first book, ‘Moonnu Vayasanmaar’ (Three Old Men) written as a Radio Drama, on old-age agony, in 1982 and published later as a stage play in 1986, enabled to receive the ‘Literary Academy Prize’, the prominent award of Sahithya Academy of the State. Then blessed with the receipt of other awards and reputation that includes the ‘Award of the State Academy of Music and Theater’, ‘National Awards of All India Radio’, (for several programs and productions many times), best ‘Public Service Broadcaster Award’ of India and the ‘Television Award’ of the State. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the meantime, by own effort and received an additional degree in Education from Calicut University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling from Kerala University that enabled to start the Radio & TV counseling programs. Received training in Radio Drama production & direction from Germany, TV direction and production from the National Film Institute, Pune of India and obtained the Media Management Training from, staff training institute, Bhubaneswar, India. Presently conducting counseling programs, on education, career and family problems as a full time charity service and taking demonstration lectures, on personality development and peaceful living, associating with hospitals, educational institutions and social organizations all over the state, to uplift the poor youngsters, with motivation therapy and psychotherapy. Destitute, isolated boys and girls, disturbed in life, were rescued and taken to own home for a short stay with own family and children and train them with needful educational and career guidance to lead the helpless youth, into a peaceful and successful life. Written more than 300 lyrics, already broadcast from All India Radio Stations of Kerala & Madras, with the association of great film personalities and published nearly 40 books and 3000 articles, on various topics, reacting to social problems, happening in the world, with own comments and opinion, to stop anarchy brutality and corruption in the state. Retired from National TV and Radio of India as its Director, and started working as the Student coordinator and Media Manager of Indira Gandhi National Open University, receiving the invitation of Indira Gandhi National Open University. Later received invitation, as the Editor of a Malayalam News Paper, Suprabhatham; and worked with them for one year in Calicut. Awarded with the Tagore National fellowship of the Ministry of Culture, India; and did research on the Performing arts of India, to be published by the Sangeet Natak Academy, the National academy of Music, Dance & Theater. Presently working as the Editorial Consultant for the books & journals in the publications division of the ministry of information & broadcasting of India. Also associating with MG University, Kerala University, Calicut University, Indira Gandhi National Open University and Malayalam University of Kerala, as the External Examiner, member of the board of studies, Expert committee-member, visiting professor etc. and presenting demonstration lectures in various universities of India.CP RAJASEKHARAN cp99rajsekhar@gmail.com 9447814101
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

Cats

Cats short poem

There’s a problem in my neighborhood cats coming by pounding on my door usually in the middle of the night “give us some milk! give us some cat chow!” I call the police but the cats are gone when the

Two Worlds Two Views

Two Worlds Two Views short poem

In a way I’m jealous of the blind man and he’s jealous of me, for the world he will more than likely never see. The beautiful mountains and the palm trees, the beautiful blue wide open seas. The bright blue

Two

Two short poem

Mid this commemoration, Of annihilation Of inclinations And pursuits, My soul revels In these fervent goodbyes. The stiff and the spiritless, Scream my name. They exult and glorify This celebration. Agony, Candid in it’s certainty, Leaves always, To re appear

Two Ants Walk Into A Coffee Shop

Two Ants Walk Into A Coffee Shop short poem

They minded their conversation, The ants that came marching in. Extra sugar. A little less cream. The foam from their latte circled their mouths, Disfigured steam still rising from their small cups. A light comfort found after a hard day’s

The Two Sides Of The Coin

The Two Sides Of The Coin short poem

Two sides of the coin There could never be any life without death And if there were no deaths there would be no life This is only the cycle of life and death Some must die for others to take