If No Hands

If No Hands long poem

Uploaded by Cprajasekharan

If no hands, she had,
There won’t be any bangles,
The colors and sounds, attracting
My attention to see and catch
On the exorbitance of my love,
Breaking it, with no intention,
But broke; and fell down.

The glass-chips, with a giggling sound,
Like her chirping, and smiling
Along with her fondling,
Acting with a little bit scorn,
Her most attractive face,
With a wound of love, at hand,
That I recall, as if only today.

If no hands, I had, I would
Never have thought of holding,
Hand in hand with her,
Pressing by force,
To embrace and kiss;
Getting her within me by all my
Will and fervor, in my ecstasy.

She could never get off,
But succumbed and ensnared
In my hands, now I recall…
Yes, it’s not she nor me;
It is my hands and her hands,
That tempt us to write
Love letters, exchanging gifts.

It’s our hands did all these,
Passing sweet kiss, flying always,
On air, wherever we were,
Through our hand-phone sets;
Waving our hands, sitting far off,
But seen, close to close, at hand,
As if, everything, as we felt.

And it is my hands that tied
The wedding knot, with emotions,
Exchanging the wedding rings,
Our hands, with love and regards,
Just one year back, I recall, very well;
No doubt, it’s our same hands,
Now signing this paper, in your presence.

Not with love, but with hostility
And weariness, not to start,
But to conclude, nagging each other,
For a redemption, the liberation,
From disputes and displeasure;
Not to start, but to stop
Beating each other, with the same hands.

These hands, not as we think,
Done much crimes, theft,
Robbery, molestation, forgery,
Not come to court all these together;
But may appear, one by one, in course of time.
Why hand-cuffs are made out of bracelets?
All we know, hands are to be locked.

If no hands, I had, I would
Never have thrown her out,
Pushing away with the same hands,
With which I garlanded her, once.
And the same hands, my Lord,
Signing all the papers of divorce, here;
Punishable, the hands, not she, nor me…

——————

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARANBorn, in an Indian village, as the son of Purushothaman Nair & Parukutty Amma of Ernakulam dist. of Kerala state. Completed school education from the Govt. LP School, Nanthiattukunnam, Govt. High School, and SNV. Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Then graduated from the Government Sanskrit College, and did the post graduation from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram of Kerala University. Later received an additional degree in Education from the Govt.Training College, Thrissur of Calicut University.Associated with the Gandhian ideology and the Sarvodaya Movement ( prosperity and welfare for all ) of Gandhi Peace Foundation; and was elected as the leader of the children’s group, in the village, at the age of 13; and started participating in social activities from the very early age of child hood.Elected as the school leader, while studying in the 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Started working with student union and elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman of the college union continuously in the college election of Govt. Sanskrit College Thiruvananthapuram, getting an opportunity to have active participation in the literary and social platforms of the student community, and attended student-teacher inter actions with the authorities and educational institutions throughout the college life. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater groups at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups in schools, colleges and in the local arts-clubs and started publishing stories and poems in school-college magazines and local publications. The whole college life was spent experimenting with plays in the open theater forums, along with the professional actors and theater activists of the State, along with the literary and social activities, as a best student, an all-rounder. The Sanskrit education tempted to get closer with world classics and the college education in Trivandrum was an opportunity to have association with reputed professors and famous writers, who inspired reading books of great writers of the literary world ; it was from the college life, that the flavor of literature was noticed by the professors and was encouraged in that line. Also elected as the president of the Youth wing of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Smarak, Thiruvananthapuram while studying for post graduation, that gave space and time to work for the poor and needy at a young age itself. Started the career as a teacher, in Kozhikode Sanskrit Vidya Peeth, Kallai Ganapath High School and Mavoor Rayon’s High School, teaching Sanskrit language and literature, and Indian philosophy; And started speaking on philosophy, aesthetics, and other social subjects, as an orator, all over the state. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the mean time, by own effort, and took an additional Post graduate diploma in psychological counseling from the Kerala university to support the Radio - TV counseling programs. Conducting child, adult and family counseling, for the last 20 years, apart from the official assignments, working extra time, to uplift the mental faculty of the young people to get them motivated and to bring back them to the normal life by giving motivation therapy and psycho therapy, as a charitable free service, associating with hospitals and educational institutions and social organizations all over the State. One mobile phone is fully dedicated for public service and made accessible to all who need free help or advice or counseling of any sort ; and the very needy and poor who need personal help are treated and served at home. Started rescuing and rehabilitating, isolated and neglected children at home, giving confidence and living environment.Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program announcer to the post of director of Radio & TV, serving 35 years, covering almost all states of India, winning national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Radio & TV programs. Joining with radio profession, compelled to write and do productions with innovative ideas that could capture the listeners’ appreciation, as radio was the only entertaining media, then, reaching every home; And the first full-fledged, perfect play, '' Homam '' (The Oblation’ ) was broadcast, receiving much appreciation and then followed the broadcast and publication of a lot of creative works. Writing poetry, lyrics, musical features, documentaries and plays, became a part of the job and then the creative writing was flourished by publishing articles, columns, poems, stories and plays in various newspapers from 1976 onwards. The first book, (Three Old Men) published in 1986, on the old-age agony, received the Literary Academy Award of the State, and followed by other awards and reputation, as a well-established dramatist and poet. Received Kerala Sahithya Academy Award, Kerala Sangeet Natak Academy Award, State Television Award, Akasvani National awards (10 times) Best Public Service Broadcaster Award of India, and International Radio Nomination from Iran etc.. After retiring from AIR, invited bi the Indira Gandhi National Open University to be the Station Head of its Broadcasting wing for 5 years and then served as the Editor of a Malayalam News paper, ''Suprabhatham'', for one year. Presently working for the Sangeet Natak Academi, Delhi, as the Tagore National Scholar, preparing a unique Encyclopedia on the performing arts of India, under the Tagore National Fellowship scheme.
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

Breathe No More

Breathe No More long poem

You are missed whenever rain hits my heart Does these drops take my worth to you every season I speak my stories to these silver tear drops for hours Do you get every word of mine? Or Do you breathe

No Roof For Reindeer

No Roof For Reindeer elegy

Page 1. the celebrated sailing frog from Montgomery County went a court’n, or so the tale iz toad to a grand ole mansion built around 1910, and e’en ‘pon being razed ~2012 ah no dummy sea worthiness still plainly showed,

My Hands Are So Cold

My Hands Are So Cold short poem

My hands are so cold And my spirit is so old. My eyes are so dark and heavy with the weight in my heart already. I was born with the feelings and thought, That I believe I may have brought

Apathy No More

Apathy No More short poem

Clip not the wings of imagination Let it fly its uncharted way Yield now and then to temptation Let the spirit be free and gay Suit not the action to the image Fresh be your speech, and acts new How

No More

No More sonnet poems

I thought it belonged to only I, But you have claimed it for yourself. You say I should hurry up and die, That I’m only good for killing myself. I don’t wish to hear you, But you stole my hands.