Family

Family ode

Uploaded by Cprajasekharan

It’s an orchestra of various instruments,
Mixing and remixing with eastern and western,
Indian and Arabian, Persian and Spanish
A real symphony, of matching with matchless,
The union of hard and soft, with Strings and Skins.

Music of rain, the light flow, and music of thunder,
The hard notes, music of breeze and music of storm,
Holding not the same pitch, ascending and descending
As per the ups and downs of notes from its
Base to top and top to base, like the ebb and flow of ripples.

Father, mother, brothers, sisters, cousins and aunts
Joined together under one beat, the family voice,
Just as drums, flutes, jazz, violin, guitar, to join with,
Saxophone and folk percussion, keeping its own
Individuality and difference in tone and tune.

Synchronizing, agreeable with the disagreeable,
Forming the biggest orchestra to create a symphony,
Making the tempo of percussion, to go down a little;
And the Strings and Winds, to go up, and dissolve
One with the other, for a composition, to be tuned.

The voice quality and its tempo, naturally would differ,
But for the benefit of music, father, the rhythm
And mother the pitch would adjust themselves
For a better tune or melody that the brothers
And sisters, have no option, but join, leaving their egos.

We know, children are like Jazz and drums, noisy,
Like their Dad, the high tone percussion, but mother,
So low and mild, like Strings, and Timings, flowing,
In between their ascending and descending, notes
And notations for a while, soothing with personal egos.

None can be in the way of the other, as the notes
Should flow on its tune, like water in its ground level,
To keep the pitch, in between egos and shouts of all,
As one has to descend, if ascended once, to be in flow,
To catch hold the pitch in balance, avoiding clash in tones.

Whoever be the composer and whatever the lyric,
All singers, instrumentalists, male and female voice,
Be blended with the succession of notes in a scale,
Dissolving into one flow, joining hand in hand on same
Depth, for a better melody, within the studio family….

————————–

Rate the poem
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 3.00 out of 5)
We are posting your rating...

Have something to say about the poem?

CP RAJASEKHARAN

Signup / Login to follow the poet.
CP RAJASEKHARANBorn, in an Indian village, as the son of Purushothaman Nair & Parukutty Amma of Ernakulam dist. of Kerala state. Completed school education from the Govt. LP School, Nanthiattukunnam, Govt. High School, and SNV. Sanskrit High School, North Parur. Then graduated from the Government Sanskrit College, and did the post graduation from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram of Kerala University. Later received an additional degree in Education from the Govt.Training College, Thrissur of Calicut University.Associated with the Gandhian ideology and the Sarvodaya Movement ( prosperity and welfare for all ) of Gandhi Peace Foundation; and was elected as the leader of the children’s group, in the village, at the age of 13; and started participating in social activities from the very early age of child hood.Elected as the school leader, while studying in the 10th class of SNV Sanskrit High School. Started working with student union and elected as the magazine editor, arts club secretary, general secretary and chairman of the college union continuously in the college election of Govt. Sanskrit College Thiruvananthapuram, getting an opportunity to have active participation in the literary and social platforms of the student community, and attended student-teacher inter actions with the authorities and educational institutions throughout the college life. Staged the first play, at the age of five and started acting as a child artist in famous plays presented by the professional theaters of the state. Started writing scripts for amateur children’s theater groups at the young age itself, associating with various theater groups in schools, colleges and in the local arts-clubs and started publishing stories and poems in school-college magazines and local publications. The whole college life was spent experimenting with plays in the open theater forums, along with the professional actors and theater activists of the State, along with the literary and social activities, as a best student, an all-rounder. The Sanskrit education tempted to get closer with world classics and the college education in Trivandrum was an opportunity to have association with reputed professors and famous writers, who inspired reading books of great writers of the literary world ; it was from the college life, that the flavor of literature was noticed by the professors and was encouraged in that line. Also elected as the president of the Youth wing of Gandhi Peace Foundation of Gandhi Smarak, Thiruvananthapuram while studying for post graduation, that gave space and time to work for the poor and needy at a young age itself. Started the career as a teacher, in Kozhikode Sanskrit Vidya Peeth, Kallai Ganapath High School and Mavoor Rayon’s High School, teaching Sanskrit language and literature, and Indian philosophy; And started speaking on philosophy, aesthetics, and other social subjects, as an orator, all over the state. Studied English literature, philosophy, and psychology, in the mean time, by own effort, and took an additional Post graduate diploma in psychological counseling from the Kerala university to support the Radio - TV counseling programs. Conducting child, adult and family counseling, for the last 20 years, apart from the official assignments, working extra time, to uplift the mental faculty of the young people to get them motivated and to bring back them to the normal life by giving motivation therapy and psycho therapy, as a charitable free service, associating with hospitals and educational institutions and social organizations all over the State. One mobile phone is fully dedicated for public service and made accessible to all who need free help or advice or counseling of any sort ; and the very needy and poor who need personal help are treated and served at home. Started rescuing and rehabilitating, isolated and neglected children at home, giving confidence and living environment.Joined All India Radio with a career in electronic media and worked for Radio & TV, in various capacities from the post of Program announcer to the post of director of Radio & TV, serving 35 years, covering almost all states of India, winning national and international reputation in scripting directing and producing Radio & TV programs. Joining with radio profession, compelled to write and do productions with innovative ideas that could capture the listeners’ appreciation, as radio was the only entertaining media, then, reaching every home; And the first full-fledged, perfect play, '' Homam '' (The Oblation’ ) was broadcast, receiving much appreciation and then followed the broadcast and publication of a lot of creative works. Writing poetry, lyrics, musical features, documentaries and plays, became a part of the job and then the creative writing was flourished by publishing articles, columns, poems, stories and plays in various newspapers from 1976 onwards. The first book, (Three Old Men) published in 1986, on the old-age agony, received the Literary Academy Award of the State, and followed by other awards and reputation, as a well-established dramatist and poet. Received Kerala Sahithya Academy Award, Kerala Sangeet Natak Academy Award, State Television Award, Akasvani National awards (10 times) Best Public Service Broadcaster Award of India, and International Radio Nomination from Iran etc.. After retiring from AIR, invited bi the Indira Gandhi National Open University to be the Station Head of its Broadcasting wing for 5 years and then served as the Editor of a Malayalam News paper, ''Suprabhatham'', for one year. Presently working for the Sangeet Natak Academi, Delhi, as the Tagore National Scholar, preparing a unique Encyclopedia on the performing arts of India, under the Tagore National Fellowship scheme.
Poems you will love

Give your feedback / review for the poem

Be the First to Comment & Review poem!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz

One Family

One Family short poem

I dwell in a hut, down, under the shade of that tree, You stay in a nest, up, on the branch of that same tree Thinking thoughtfully over thoughts – a while; See every reason to Believe and reveal…., Dear

Family

Family short poem

Family. That’s what we’ve grown to be. From once not knowing each other’s names, To all being able to take the blame. The past 3 years, We’ve grown to become who we are, From the people that surround us. Our

A Family Dust

A Family Dust short poem

A thirsty town fails, harvesting the moon, and turns into a vast lake of tears. They were fighting for their right to remain poor and hungry. It was a fractured amnesia in the pit of flesh. Was it a pink

Beauty Of Our Family History

Beauty Of Our Family History short poem

Open Imagination flew from my hands bringing sunlight into play Rapture of fire beams flew across the crop planted in the fields Love was a place I knew nothing about It did come within my parents Each had been an

Family Allowance

Family Allowance long poem

Today I smiled as a memory came through, Remembering how I got angry with you, I climbed onto the counter, 8 years old, Never one to do as I was told. I wanted something in a cupboard so high, I